New OC and Goff Future

I also trust Campbell moving forward. His first hires I think were about familiarity and comfort. People he knew and trusted. Now two years into it I think he’s more comfortable on the job and knows what he wants and what to look for.

3 Likes

There’s been numerous QB’s drafted #1:
Jeff George, Vinny T, Tim Couch, Jamarcus…
To win, you need a well coached team and talented players. Matt Patricia should be all the proof we need.

We would have to pay that team a 1st rounder for taking Goff. Thats the going rate.

1 Like

Exactly! BJ is doing a great job, but it’s a team effort. Lots of good offensive minds in the building. Randel El is another guy doing great work. The offensive staff has like 40+ years nfl playing experience and a ton more coaching experience.

3 Likes

Yes!
I think we’ve seen lions too pour with good enough players but unable to finish it then followed by poor hiring choices -

It’s almost like Dan took a lesson from Caldwell and has aggressively altered coaching in season - a what it of had Caldwell dropped Lombardi mid 2014… or by end of it seeing it wasn’t working …

I’d like to see the coaching staff stick together but Dan is showing a knack for bringing in good coaches who buy into what he’s selling -even when they don’t work out as AP and A Lynn are both still seen as respectable nfl coaches.

1 Like

Me neither

1 Like

Oh geez! I can’t believe I forgot him.
My bad!

4 Likes

Truth is, none of us truly know who is most responsible for our success.
I think all of these guys have input…
-Coach Dan (Massive input …what she said )
-WR coach - awesome
-OL coach - awesome
-QB coach - awesome (more input than most)
-OC Awesome - the orchestrater of the symphony
-Goff

I promise Goff & Brunell are having lateral meetings with the others to discuss what is working, what can improve, what they see, etc.
I see some guys most likely over-crediting Goff ( designing the offense for Ben)
I see some guys most likely over-crediting Ben (we can’t succeed without him)
I probably over-credit Coach Dan

Truth is in the middle of all of this awesomeness

5 Likes

I like Ben…. A lot, but any team who hires him to be their 2023 HC needs their heads examined… If he helps get us a playoff win this year? Sure why not… Getting us to 9-8 and missing a 7th seed isn’t justification to give a first year play caller full locker room control.

Plus I don’t know he’d be ready to walk away from this yet. I bet he takes an interview or two- but if 3-4 HC jobs are open, it’s hard to see him being the clear answer.

1 Like

Nobody has said that.

He designed the offense with Ben. And that’s coming from the coaches and Goff himself that he was given ‘significant’ input. Nobody has said Goff designed the offense for Ben

The logic is simple:

Prospects >>>> Players.

Always.

1 Like

Agreed.

I know we’re excited and getting some press for being not terrible for once, but there aren’t many fan bases that will get excited about their new head coach being a Lions assistant.

I think it’s highly probable that Ben will be back in Detroit for 2023 at least.

1 Like

This is the ultimate “if come” thread

Let’s talk about the implications of something that hasn’t happened yet, and may not happen ever …

And those implications do not compute fwiw…

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.