Next uniform/helmet change

slow time of the year , but I wonder what it will be under new Ownership? don’t mind our colors at all, its the WCF and logo that is getting old.

1 Like

I agree. IMO Lions should consider their current color scheme/logo as a throw back and do a complete change in logo and color scheme.

The WCF does need to go. Hate to shit on a dead man, but he’s a big part of the last 50+ years.

Probably have to be something that both the men and women playing in the NFL can wear. :smiley:

2 Likes

Something tells me that Sheila isn’t taking her dead dad off the uniform.

1 Like

yeah well nobody here wants to hear about your cheetah print thongs … :face_vomiting:

Couldn’t disagree more . The WCF was a class move to Honor the deceased owner…
Results from games played should have no bearing on honoring the man who bought and kept the Team in Detroit when I assume many would have tried to depart Detroit had they owned the team .

2 Likes

And someone else would have brought another team to Detroit as soon as he did. Plus, it was an investment for him that paid huge dividends, we owe WCF nothing.

1 Like

if i owned the lions the first move i’d make is to go back to the color scheme from the 50’s. the honolulu blue has to go. not only has it been the color scheme associated with losing for 60 years but it also looks horrible on all lions merchandise. i’d much rather see the dark blue and silver color scheme. it’s a better look and reminds us when the lions were one of the best franchises in the nfl.

Sorry, but it’s been like what 5 years? It’s not like hes freakin George Halas. More like a ray kroc

2 Likes

No one said you owed WCF anything …It’s a Jersey Patch that was added to the Jersey by the Ford’s …It is part of the Jersey at the Ford’s discretion and has nothing to do with the Fans .

2 Likes

So the family added the patch to thank their husband/dad for not moving the team out of Detroit?

no it was just to honor the mans life and what he did for his family.

1 Like

If I owned a pro team and I wanted to honor my father by putting his name on the jersey of the team he owned I would do it and not give a damn what the fans thought about it. :smiley:

1 Like

Perpetuated his lands and title like a good little dynastic wastrel feudal lord.

Not at all …Fans should have no issue with it being on the Jersey in the first place… The point was he was Loyal and kept the team in Detroit when many would have tried to move the team.

Again who said you owed WCF anything?

1 Like

For one, you said it was a class move to honor the deceased owner but then you make this big assumption that another owner would have tried to depart Detroit had they owned the team.

Think about this for a minute, WCF bought the team in 1963. The only reason an owner would have wanted to move the team would be because of attendance and support. If attendance was low, it is a direct reflection on WCF’s lack of ability to put a winning team on the field. So yes, “results from games played” do have a bearing on honoring the man who bought and kept the team in Detroit.
What did WCF do for the Detroit Lions? He failed as an owner and gave the city of Detroit shit teams for over 50 years. It’s like @Weaselpuppy said, it’s not like WCF was George Halas, the guy sucked as an owner and failed to put good teams on the field, period, that’s what he should be measured on.

I get it, the family wants to honor their late father/husband…but let’s not try to say he was some great owner that needs to keep being honored for sucking as an owner and then not moving the team because fans weren’t coming to see the shitty teams he was fielding.

1 Like