NFL Attendance to Capacity % 2021

Yep, that DL was coughing up free passes all year long.

1 Like

I live in NY - the issue is there are a million things to do in NY every day. And a million sports teams too. The Giants and Jets both suck and have sucked for a while. Plus, as mentioned, getting to MetLife is a pain. All those factors play a huge role. If either team got even decent they’d sell out…. But NYC people got way too much to do to take a train and sit outdoors all winter watching a team lose every weekend. They just won’t do it

2 Likes

Haha well we weren’t actually last…only 27th out of 32.

The game against the eagles is going to be one hell of a physical game. It’s also probably going to be the fastest game of the year given how both teams want to run the ball. You’re talking two of the best offensive lines in football. This is going to be like watching teams in the 90’s and I’m here for it!

Ford Fields capacity is only 65,000. 70,000 if needed.

Of course, but the 51,000 sold tickets weren’t even close to the 35000 actual people in the stadium for most games last year. You gotta win, and people will come is the point.

3 Likes

What was the paper bag count?

2 Likes

lol 0-17 - Which Den posters are these!?

1 Like

Washington’s problem is a combination of things.

1.) The majority of the fanbase is in Northern Virginia and the western side of the metro area but the stadium is in a less desirable area of Prince George’s County, MD (which is in the eastern side of the metro area).
2.) The stadium has poor access to mass transit (and driving in the DC area is a bit of a chore).
3.) The stadium was outdated when it opened. It opened in 1997 but it is very much 1980s architecture. The entire purpose of that stadium, when it opened, was to be the largest stadium in the NFL with no regard to fan comfort, fan amenities, or anything else. It has as much charm as a concrete bowl. As the team has been mismanaged by Dan Snyder the solution is to simply remove seats.
4.) Dan Snyder may be the most inept owner in the NFL. If William Clay Ford Sr. was inept due to his “hands off” approach Dan Snyder’s “hands on” approach has produced pretty much the same results. He’s absolutely a liability and that team’s fortunes probably won’t improve until he sells the team.

I don’t believe the Ravens are the problem but it doesn’t hurt that the NFL relocated the Cleveland Browns 30 minutes up the road and the former Browns have a generally winning record including a couple Super Bowl wins in a great division while Washington has generally been one of the bottom feeding teams in a division that has generally produced a lot of mediocre to bad football.

Washington needs a new stadium in either DC (near the Metro) or Northern Virginia and a new owner to really become a successful franchise again.

2 Likes

Lionsfanfortyyears & Bitter Syd ???.. :rofl:

1 Like

I know it’s not BigNat as he’s never hide that beautiful bad head of his!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I could honestly see them try to come out passing the ball in an effort to get that part of their game going and build up from the AJ Brown acquisition.

On the bright side, we probably sold the most beer.

4 Likes

It would make sense given our questions in the secondary and our unproven pass rush. Then again we also have an unproven rush defense too. The thing that might concern me as the eagles is having zero film on this new defense AG installed. It may be better to come out and run the ball, which they do well.

No chance!
:muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m finally in Michigan!! Yay!’

Jackson for a break and then off to Find Pinckney!

2 Likes

Getting to the meadowlands is not fun…

1 Like

Just a few years ago they were breaking records every week for the most they have ever had in the stadium. Every home game was standing room only.

Having 4 straight last place finishes is why attendance was so low. Other events at Ford Field had huge crowds but not the Lions. This is a result of sucking for multiple seasons.

2 Likes

I dont think she should under estimate how fed up fans were with Patricia and BQ when she issued the statement saying basically
One more year when most knew the next year wasn’t looking any better

Not sure what they were watching but even during this down period
Her franchise probably gained a billion dollars in valuation given current selling prices.

1 Like

Those things could help but
It seems like Snyder is driving force to the franchise direction and what’s hurt them.

I bet fans come back with a more positive spin pr or just a new owner