NFL Attendance to Capacity % 2021

Remember when Washington supposedly had 70 thousand people on their waiting list or whatever it was supposed to be? Man that franchise has fallen…… and that’s coming from a Lions fan lol

4 Likes

I bet part of the Washington problem is the plopping of a franchise back into Baltimore.

Obviously, sucking is the major root cause of their attendance issues, but part of their fall in local popularity is likely the fact that they’re not the only franchise in that metroplex anymore.

2 Likes

Washington was last by percentage of capacity. But, the Lions were still dead last in total attendance. Sheila blamed it on Covid, which was bullshit. If you win, they will come Sheila. It annoyed me that she wouldn’t own that.

4 Likes

I agree that it’s covid, and different states had different attitudes toward it. I remember I was on a nature hike, and a friend from LA was also on a walk. She was like, “you sound like you aren’t even wearing a mask?” I said…“correct.” She said, “Isn’t it irresponsible to be outside without a mask on?”

Different states have different info being fed to them.
That said, Covid was not likely the biggest factor in empty stadiums in MI.
While I’m not calling Sheila a liar (cuz she may actually believe it), I do think winning is the bigger answer by a friggin’ mile.

2 Likes

All Sheila has to do is look at the crowds Aiden Hutchinson played in front of last year at the big house for a reality check. They averaged 108,000 per game. The Lions were at 51,000.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-led-the-country-in-2021-college-football-attendance-178322946/#:~:text=After%20a%202020%20season%20that,106%2C799)%20for%20the%20top%20spot.

4 Likes

It won’t take much for the Lions to vault up this list
May be > 90% this season

3 Likes

Campbell will have it packed in less than 2 years. Average will look lower this year, because there will be more humans as we do more winning. Start out 4-4, then the late season win streak will bolster them.

With all the hype coming into this year there will be a full house game 1 and if they manage to start 1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 … they’ll sell out every home game

So I say …

1 Like

Means you should sell to matt Ishbia

I’m a little surprised by the New York teams. Yeah, I know they were stinking, but crimmeny… NYC so damned big, it shouldn’t be that tough to put butts in the seats.

JFC. California…

4 Likes

Part Its the geography of where the stadium is.

Makes sense. That’s a hell of a trip for people who are used to pretty much everything they need in life being within a 10-block radius.

Also, my brain is hard-wired to think of New Jersey as west of New York. I know this isn’t the case, but it always throws me off.

What happens in game 1 is going to be crucial. If they hit the ground running vs a team that blew them out, things could get real interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t live in MI but the way the restrictions were done, imho, had an impact…… like here is OKC, when they were lax if not non existence in comparison …. Our stadiums for local stuff is at full capacity!

1 Like

I know, right? LOL.

I think that’s a tough, tough game. No idea what to expect…other than fun

1 Like

My concern is that the Eagles rushing offense was number 1 in the NFL last year, guess what the Lions rush defense was!?

It’s not a great matchup for us at all. Hopefully the new attacking scheme up front can disrupt the Eagles rushing attack.

1 Like

We were only last in run defense because of COVID.

3 Likes