Nfl.com 4 rd mock....here we go

Willis, Mafe, Pickens, Pitre and TE Calcaterra.

5 QB in top 14!!???

Guess we roll with our current LB group (shudders)

1 Like

It’s okay — Davis is back!!

1 Like

I will legit cry if the Packers get Penning and Burks. You will see a full grown man cry like a baby.

Man i’d be so pissed.

2 Likes

Dumbest mock I’ve seen yet.

This is the kind of draft that would end the FOs honeymoon and put them firmly in the SOL category.

He is???.. why haven’t I seen any posts here about Davis???

LOL… I kid… I kid…

2 Likes

Would be tough to believe they would take Calcaterra at TE with the comp pick if Tindall is still on the board.

Would also stink to see Troy Andersen go at #89 to the Bills… 8 picks ahead of our pick.

1 Like

That alone would be enough to fill 3 sessions with my therapist…

More seriously, I disqualify any mock draft that has a QB in the first 3 rounds as uninformed about the long range Holmbell Plan. Any mock draft without a LB by #97, which is near the end of a mother lode of LB talent, deserves scorn.

I could be wrong though…in some parallel universe.
season 1 episode 6 GIF by Dream Corp LLC

1 Like

I’m fine with the Pickens pick and I love Pitre there, but otherwise I’m unimpressed. But we’re gonna have to live with the Willis narrative through draft day, hopefully it’s a story being pushed by Brad & Co. And give me Ebiketie 100 times out of 100 over Mafe. That guy’s gonna be a problem.

1 Like

Idk why but this feels like how I can see the draft going.

I’d much rather a trade down from 32 over mafe. Granted I haven’t dived that deep in hi tape but id much rather get some help at LB and TE with the extra picks.

My first time hearing about Calcutta but I LOVE Pickens!

Yeah I highly doubt the Lions or any other team will pull the trigger that early on a guy who literally retired from football because of concussions. It’s a great comeback story, but his medicals have got to have flashing red flags.

1 Like

Even forgetting about the concussions I want an inline guy with some ability as a pass catcher rather than a true move TE. Ruckert is my preference.

1 Like

I mean, I can get behind Willis and hope to God the staff can correct the concerns. And I’d be all for the Mafe pick, dude is a beast as well as Pickens.

My concern would be what I have mentioned in previous threads. Bc of the FA you are putting a lot on your rookies to ball out day 1. Willis needs time to develop and there is a huge risk in taking Pickens or any player who has any kind of injury history and etc. we can’t take risks bc of our FA being so meh. We need contributors. I love Pickens but if he were to get hurt….2 out of top 4 not playing.

2 Likes

This guy is so “informed” he knows who, and when trades will be made.
I’m impressed.
He certainly gave us something to talk about for the next week or two.
Not to worry. Soon Kiper will release a new mock that proves this one to be foolish…for a week or two.

1 Like

Yeah Ruckert’s probably my favorite guy too. Otton would work too. And frankly blocking was the only thing Jelani Woods did well at Oklahoma State (not entirely his fault), but he’s gonna go too early now.

1 Like

Austin Allen isn’t a big people mover but he’s capable enough as a blocker.

That mock deserves to be in this thread

All those trade downs for 2023 1sts and the lions reach for his 3rd qb at 2? I dont see it