NFL.com mock, if the Bears get these kind of trade-down hauls I'll be sick

Breese at 54 and Ronnie Hickman at 30.

I’m close to all in at Gonzalez at 6 or the first pick if it ends up in a slight trade down.

Trading down is of course my first option

2 Likes

A lot of Drafniks have had Wright in the back of the first for a while now. 18 is probabnly too rich but you slide him into RG and my gosh is our OL scary.

2 Likes

I would honestly be pretty disappointed with a first round WR. I’d honestly prefer a TE in the 1st before another WR and I absolutely do not want a TE in the 1st round. Love your top three though.

Assuming the below players are gone at 18, I’m taking Bijan

Bryce Young
Will Levis
Anthoyn Richardson
CJ Stroud
Will Anderson
Jalen Carter
Devon Witherspoon
Christian Gonzalez
Brian Branch
Peter Skoronski

I’m on the fence with Tyree Wilson/Myles Murphy. I am a 100% no go at 6 for either of these guys right now. At 18 it is much more reasonable, but I’d lean Bijan over them at this point.

Wait…

WHAT???

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Let’s see what Johnston runs. If it’s sub 4.4 I don’t see how he makes it to 18. If he did someone might want to come up to get him.I would rather go WR at 18 than TE though my preference would he neither position.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Don’t want either but if we have to take one, give me the WR. They’re becoming more and more important to winning.

Would you like him for us at 18?

My biggest issue with going WR is it isn’t financially prudent. St. Brown is obviously someone that needs to be here long term. It is so much more then just what he brings on the field. We haven’t seen enough of Jamo yet, but the hope is he proves to be elite and he sees a 2nd contract with us with him and St. Brown teaming up to be one of the best WR duos in the NFL. If we drafted another WR this season, there is no way we could keep all three long term.

Thats a big part of the reason I think it makes a lot of sense to re-sign Chark if the money is right. Jamo is under contract through 2026. St. Brown through 2024 so new money won’t kick in until 2025.

Bring Chark back on a 3-4 year deal and if he isn’t living up to his contract we would be able to get rid of him with little dead money by 2025 when St. Brown’s new deal starts kicking in.

At that point in when I’d start to consider bringing in another highly drafted WR if we haven’t done so already.

I do think Johnston blows up the combine and I eally believe Houston may consider trading up to secure a guy like Johnston to pair with whatever QB they take at 2.

I just think a guy like Bijan adds so much more to this team than another WR.

Last year Burks signed a 4 year 14.3m deal. The money won’t be an issue. We won’t be able to extend all three but WRs if we hit on the picks we’d get a mice package back wgen it’s time to trade a 25 year old stud WR.

WR isn’t my preference of course but it is workable.

2 Likes