NFL draft 2022 rankings: Updated top 25 prospects, best by position in Mel Kiper's Big Board

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

No, you can back pedal and say we have other needs all you want and I agree, but to say that it doesn’t need fixing at all means that I don’t value your opinion enough to respond to you. I’m done. Goodbye.

No back pedaling here…I said from jump that defense is the priority and that’s why we don’t need to draft a TE. & yes, I don’t think they need to draft a TE because I do think the TE position does not need to be fixed. Again, its the least of the Lions’ problems. Take care sir! :wink:

You can be certain that they will draft a TE. I’m almost as certain they’ll be adding a Guard through the draft, too.

Dan Campbell wants the team identity to have a strong defense with explosive run/receiving plays from the offense.

I think they will fix the defense first. Thibodeaux doesn’t wow you with stats but he has the highest pressure percentage in college football. He’s constantly double/triple teamed.

Hopefully, the Lions can find an explosive impactful receiver via free agency or the draft.

1 Like

As for TE I’d rather go after a move TE like Likely or Cole Turner or Brant Kuithe. Likely probably goes higher than I’m hoping willing to spend on a TE though. Then hopefully Brock Wright can be our in-line guy. If not go get a veteran blocking TE. I think we can trust Dan to evaluate blocking TEs.

I do like Kolar though. If he’s there at the comp third pick I’d think about it.

1 Like

I watched the first half and then went to bed, it was anyone’s game at that point. Good interview, he’s a smart guy and takes his craft seriously. If we take him #1 it’s not the end of the world for me, I just think we could use more help than we’re going to get from this draft as it stands.

Not if they want to run 2 TE sets, I would love Kolar. But he will end up going higher then we can afford. But if he’s sitting there with your 2nd 3rd round pic I would take him. He’s a playmaker. And we need them all over.

I get people wanting defense , but we went defense last year, top pick was offense the next 3 is defense. And now the defense is not great but it is better then the offense right now. That defense won’t mean much if you can not score. This team needs playmakers on both sides of the ball. I think top pic will be Defense but bottom 1st and second could be offense. I could see QB and WR in that area.

Still no pash rush though. Flowers contract too.

BREAKING NEWS… the Lions don’t have an NFL offense either.

Lions have score less than 20 points in all but 1 game this year… and that only happened because they scored 16 points in the final 2 minutes against San Fran’s prevent defense.

1 Like

It’s too early for me to worry about where they are ranked… but… Kiper has 13 WRs listed.

He doesn’t have Doubs, Ezukanma, or Ross listed.

So there is 16 guys… and only 1 is lited under 6’0 tall… and Dotson is listed at 5’11" tall.

Last year was filled with short guys and injury risks after 34 picks… so this year might be a better year to grab WRs.

Lol yea and a good offense can do wonders for a defense as well. I love the draft talk but there’s still so much to go through before we will know what we need. There’s always injuries that happen to the top players coming out and we also have to see what we do in FA. I do know with the first pick I’d love to get someone who can rush the QB. Just look at this last game. 52 drop backs and zero pass rush pressures I believe. Our defense needs an edge rusher for sure.

So will drafting a TE high fix that??

It’s a deeper WR class than last year though there’s not nearly the same quality of elite prospects as the last two years.

I think we can find two decent outside options by our 3rd round pick. I think it’s becoming increasingly likely that it’s defense and then QB in round 1.

Drafttek is a bit of a trash site but their current draft of:

1:) KT
1B:) Pickett
2:) Pickens
3:) Jameson Williams

Stylistically that’s a pretty good blend. Pickens as the high point/contested catch guy. Williams as the outside deep threat and in space YAC guy. St. Brown as the dirty work slot type.

Safety would still be a glaring issue. To be honest I’m really hoping to hear we slide Okudah back there. I think he can handle it just fine. Smart kid. It will mask whatever explosion he’s bound to lose. He’s clearly a willing tackler and Pleasants can coach up the CBs. I think Walker (who we badly need to resign) and El Jefe would be a damn fine safety tandem.

1 Like

I am not in favor of drafting a TE before the 3rd round in most years… but I was more focused on pointing out that the Lions don’t just need defense.

My preference is to draft at least 1 WR… and hopefully with the Rams pick or #33 since it currently looks like several WRs may be worthy of that draft slot.

We absolutely need two outside WRs. My hope would be that one comes from FA. Am I correct to assume that when you say 1 WR you are forecasting going into the draft with one competent veteran outside WR already being signed during Free Agency?

1 Like

Even saying that…you don’t start at TE…that’s all I’m saying. You address every other need before you even get around to TE

1 Like

yeah… I say “at least” because it would be nice to add a WR in free agency. Not too optimistic though.

I fully expect Tampa to keep Godwin.
I doubt Williams or Sutton will hit the open market as well.

Bears would be crazy to let A-Rob leave since they don’t have much else… but Pace is a moron… so maybe?

still can’t belueve Quinn passed on Burns in 2019…