NFL Draft - Who are your surprise risers and Fallers?

Last year I started a thread about Mekhi Becton. At the time most mocks had him in round 3. I said I thought he’d go round one and as we got closer to the draft he shot up draft boards.

So who is the guy you do not see mocked round 1 but you think is a 1st rounder and or vice versa.

OG - Landon Dickerson - I think he could be the first guard off the board. Most mocks I see have him going in the 50 - 75 range. I think he’s going late round 1.

Who do you think rises or falls from round one?

Nagy is very high on the tackles too. Which probably means that Nagy thinks Dickerson is a 3-4 times a decade type of center prospect.

Who isn’t Nagy high on?

Sometimes I think he’s just high.

I swear he’s just a hype machine … lol

Here he is watching draft prospects.

high cannabis GIF

I’m not educated enough to be a heavy part of this conversation, but I thought Jeudy would be better (even though he was really good as a rook)

1 Like

That is true. It’s in a way kind of his job. Or at least how he perceives it. He’s a good follow though and that level of praise does exceed that which he normally gives.

Me too. I think we’re clouded by that 8 drop game. Or however many it was. That and Jefferson’s crazy rookie year. Jeudy is going to be a stud for a long time.

2 Likes

Last year Jefferson was my favorite WR in the class and I pounded the table pretty hard for him. So I wasn’t shocked by his rookie season.

My second favorite was Juedy mainly because he’s such a great route runner. I expect big thing from Juedy. If Denver can get him a better QB then I think he takes off.

This year my favorite is Smith.

I really like Wallace too.

1 Like

Jefferson was my favorite WR in last years draft. Jeudy is a going to be very good IMO. Hard for a rookie WR to overcome such awful QB play. I also believe Ruggs has a bright future even after his modest rookie season.

Jefferson was definitely not my favorite WR in last year’s class. I still don’t think that he has the best career. I think that’ll be Lamb.

Riser On Offense: Terrace Marshall
Riser On Defense: Gary Newsome

Faller On Offense: Najee Harris (great back but I can’t see him going on round 1)
Faller On Defense: Micah Parsons (not saying he’ll get out of first round, but he’s my ‘why hasn’t he been picked yet’ player who falls to the bottom third of rd 1.

Faller - Zach Wilson. Not far, but out of the top 4. He will be the turd in the punchbowl, a la Drew Lock. Just watched Lock’s hype machine on youtube coming out of college. Another “can’t miss” prospect.

Riser - JOK. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go top 10 or 12.

riser is Jamin Davis he will be the 2nd LB taken.

Greg?

Lock’s draft stock never reached anywhere near as high as Wilson’s. Especially not during the pre draft process.

1 Like

is that your thing, Husker? Ripping everyone’s posts?

I think Kellen Mond might be a draft riser.

I think Caleb Fairley might be an injury faller

Ha. Yup. I was tired lol.

No worries. I think that’s an excellent choice. Especially if Farley’s back is seems as a problem and Horn and Surtain go early

Not at all. Lock’s draft status wasn’t as high as the initial post had suggested. It was pretty high after his Sophomore year IIRC but he was seen as a late first rounder.

No ill will meant. My apologies if it came off that way.