NFL: Lions 'earned' prime-time opener vs. Chiefs

This guy speaks on behalf of the league. Note, this is different from the Dan Patrick interview.

The hell is going on?

5 Likes

It’s the freakin Twilight Zone, bro.

4 Likes

pretty stark contrast from last year when the schedule was released and we were all upset about getting disrespected by the league

3 Likes

I was listening to a Kansas City radio show this morning and they were disappointed that they were getting the Lions. The hosts on the show really wanted Cincinnati. They went on with SOL talking points that we’ve heard for years. It wasn’t over the top from what I listened too. The main point is that people are excited about what the Lions did towards the end of the season, especially preventing Green Bay from making the playoffs. However, the Lions have not been able to keep it together for an entire season…and they have haven’t done anything as of of yet. Which to me is fair. The Lions have not proven to the NFL nation as a whole that they are real.

For me, this season is crucial for our Lions to get the respect we want. The Lions have to earn it and they are getting an amazing opportunity to make that case. They have to get it done in KC.

Like Taylor Decker said…“This isn’t the F ing Same Old Lions”

2 Likes

Maybe we actually ARE darlings of the national media like that Vikings reporter was whining about a while back

â– â– â– â–  Yeah Yes GIF

1 Like

I have spent the last few days scratching my head and thinking, “this is how it must have been for the pack for 30 years”. Very very very weird feeling after having the shoulder chip for so long. Villains will be a tough sell if they keep this up. Maybe we will be Villains to the perennial winners in the NFL.

2 Likes

I love talking to old Packers fans who remember what life was like pre-Favre.

2 Likes

do you think we can go farther if we beat KC right off??

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Serious question… when was the last time a team that didn’t make the playoffs played on opening night the next season?

1 Like

2003, I believe.

2 Likes

Never, if we’re talking the Thursday night opener era.

1 Like

Walrus GIF

2 Likes

Interesting strategy…

1 Like

—you my friend left out a bunch of words, I said…will we go farther if we beat KC right off??

2 Likes

Well, if we start beating every team right off it might go a long way in making us a league darling… im sure some owners might want in on the action too

1 Like

Hard Knocks

The country loves us
I hear it first hand

2 Likes

KC is starting off the season with 2 young/hungry 9-8 teams looking to prove themselves.

Detroit
JAX

Superbowl hangover would be nice.

1 Like

You…want to go further after beating them right off? That seems plenty far enough to me

GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Well, are they overhyped? Hhhmm, from the Athletic.

Most overhyped?

The Lions exceeded expectations in 2022 by going 9-8. Ready or not, they will kick off the season on the biggest stage — on “Thursday Night Football” against the defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs. From there, the Lions have three more prime-time games, a sign they are expected to be one of the more compelling teams this season. Sure, everybody likes to see lovable losers turn their fortunes around, and head coach Dan Campbell’s fun personality adds to Detroit’s appeal. But are they really ready for this?

1 Like