Nfl owner reputation

Any thoughts on this ?

Burrow likely makes enough to pay his healthcare for life but if he sees this on books
Should he ask for a few million more to stay ?

Not all owners are the same. Not all franchises are the same.

As I think of the debate on how much Jamaal is worth

How much is a good owner worth ?
Cincy small market never moved and been to super bowls yet ., ownership never seen as elite in the Super Bowl era.

1 Like

Surprise! The same organization that used to make the players pay for water and gatorade.

5 Likes

Sleazy

1 Like

It’s crazy that things like this don’t hurt teams more but I guess the draft and the fact it’s more money than any player really ever seen
Make it your stuck and happy where you land

Also

Maybe Marvin Lewis should be seen in better light
Making more with less

Along these lines where they all have it good but from the nba

"JaVale McGee says the Warriors treat their players better than the other teams he’s been on:

“I had been to three or four teams, and the Warriors by far – still to this day – treat their players the best out of anybody." "

1 Like

Mike Brown is the type of business man who is always trimming the fat in order to increase his margins. The problem with this type of thinking is they never look at the consequences of those actions.

4 Likes

Brown doesn’t have the gobs of cash the billionaire owner’s have. He’s a legacy owner like Mark Davis. Its a different calculation. He can certainly improve, but I wanted to take a second to point out that he’s not like most of the other current owners.

2 Likes

Marvin Lewis doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves. He pulled the Bengals out of the depths in so many ways than just coaching on the field.

4 Likes

I remember reading that he always had the riskiest guys because they’re devalued by red flags yet talented in football

@Air2theThrown @Mr.Peabody it’s the type the salary cap argued for as protections to not move. Niners , raiders and St. Louis all moved and with the stadiums gained billions. But they need cash since the value is also tied up in franchise

But they could sell , and be set for generations - the new owner could have the cash to compete. Maybe they move franchise but it’s not a given. But even if they move , teams are already moving.

Brown as a cheap owner still stumbled onto three super bowls ? Ouch lions

1 Like

Because the nflpa has put some of this stuff on blast with the survey

I wonder if that will add pressure on owners to try and distinguish their teams positively by investing or reimagining those areas that got low ratings in comparison to the other teams -

But nfl talent often doesn’t really have a choice -
Derek Carr just said while raiders agreed to trade him
They only let him talk to New Orleans
So it’s a good thing he loves it there.

With no worrying about talent having a Choice , is a reason to not spend to improve it. For Cincy as example , Burrow isn’t going anywhere unless he takes a remarkable stand or team decides to cut bait.
Imo that was part of formula for lions that had them pay their stars as the draw/the meal ticket then undervaluing everybody else … then sell future first round draft pick as the answer. But none of that costs extra.