NFL Sunday Ticket pricing

Yup - same

Was it apple that said thatā€™s why apple didnā€™t get the contract?

I definitely hope it doesnā€™t get out of hand. However, I do think this is a step in the right direction for Sunday Ticket. The lock that DirecTV had on it was worse than what youtube is offering. The Prime games are a different story. Alot of people have Prime so it was an added benefit. But I can see how it would be a burden if you didnā€™t already have Prime.

I cut the cord a few years ago. I never thought I would be someone that had a bunch of different services but I have slowly came to a point where I now have Amazon Prime, HULU TV and Netflix. I was thinking of switching my HULU TV to Youtube TV but then my wife reminded me to watch the HULU specific shows and movies we would need to get the HULU movie package. WTF have I been suckered in to?

All of the Prime games are streamed on Twitch, Amazonā€™s live streaming platform for absolutely free - no need to even have a Twitch account or Prime for that matter. TNF by Amazon is one of the cheapest, most accessible options there is outside of an owning an antenna to pick up local channels.

1 Like

Some more savings in my pocket now that Iā€™ve moved back to Michigan. Had Sunday ticket for years in order to watch the Lions and follow my players on my fantasy team. Donā€™t play fantasy football anymore so now no Sunday Ticket needed.

I appreciate that the Amazon TNF coverage provides the alternate video feed that is closer to an all 22 coverage.

1 Like

Hey you can share a youtubetv account with multiple users. I wonder if the same will be true with Sunday Ticket.

1 Like

From what I see, it is a $50-$150 increase from last year

2022 Direct TV was $300 w/out any other subscription

2023 Youtube is $350 w/out any other subscription and like Mr. Peabody said that goes up to $450 after June 6th

Here is a snapshot of last years pricing from DirecTV. The max package was needed for the Redzone channel and some other things that used to be included years ago but in recent years they made you pay extra for. I believe viewing on the go and multi-channel watch features were also disabled without the max package. Basic shit that was included when I first started with Sunday Ticket.

1 Like

Itā€™s all of your guysā€™ fault that I canā€™t just buy NFL+ and watch the replays.

brokeback mountain GIF

1 Like

Start a zoom meeting with YOURSELF
Screen shareā€¦click on the stream/share the stream
Record zoom meeting

ā†’ BOOM! You have the recording.

(zoom is 15/month, if memory serves me correctly)

I am thinking of getting NFL+ agian this year. I am waiting for the schedule to come out and see how prime time games the Lions have. I did that last year for Nov and Dec and just waited until the game was over to watch. I have the money set aside for Sunday Ticket, but am not sure i want to fork out an extra $250 to watch games live. It will all depend on how many prime time games the Lions get this year. That $250 could be used for a new Driver.

So thereā€™s a way where you can buy it & watch recorded games only?
Just watch somewhere else, if you wanna watch them live?

Thatā€™s EXACTLY what I want.

How much is that package

I wonā€™t be buying Sunday Ticket. I do like NFL Game Pass, Natty. That sounds like what you might be looking for. You can watch any game, but not live. So I find other ways to watch the Lions live, but then I get to watch all the other games as well. If I want. Plus they offered condensed, commercial free games so you can get through a game in like 40 minutes. Not perfect, but Iā€™ve been doing this for about five years now. Last year it was like $100/year or something.

For me this is so much cheaper than when I had a directv subscription and was paying $200+ month plus the ticket on top of that.
Now $70 a month, can record games can multiple games at the same time, I have three monitors and have a cfb game on each monitor and one on my tablet as well every Saturday.

I will probably do this as i can record the games and do the same thing for multiple game watching that I do with CFB.

So used to pay $2500 -$2700 a year and now itā€™s $1100 yr and I get the channels I want Iā€™m good with that. I know Iā€™m in the minority on this opinion but it works well.

2 Likes

Its NFL+ premium. I think is was 10 bucks a month or $80 a year. I am not sure what it will be this year

1 Like

LOVE IT!!!
This is all I neex, man

@Billysimsmademedo made a great point in the 5 primetime games thread, to which I responded. So Iā€™m quoting that exchange here:

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m focused only on market value and not the consolidation of tech companies who greedily jack up prices. That is the real issue but thats unchangeable at this point.

The fact of the matter is sports networks and locals drastically drive up the price of cable/streaming. Itā€™s why Pluto or Spectrum Essentials is $25 and why everything with sports/local networks is at least $50 higher than either of those. Those two donā€™t have either.

On a side note, NFL Redzone has ALWAYS been the better deal.

1 Like

All this so averGe Qbs can make $50M a year and owners can swim in more cash. This and Washington being sold for $6B really makes me want to quit sports

1 Like

Iā€™ve had DirecTV for years Iā€™m not necessarily opposed to switching over to YouTube TV but Iā€™m concerned about DVR options my family records tons of stuff and I also like to record all the games and watch them piece by piece throughout the day Sunday

1 Like