NFLPA Report Card released

This time with Owners and Head Coach grades, adds some more spice.

3 Likes

Lions 13th. Not bad.

It’s not really a surprise, but it sounds like the players love Campbell and that the team is taking steps to improve all the stuff around them.

Compared with the Chiefs:

:laughing:

3 Likes

Lowest grades were Cafeteria (C) and Nutrionist (C+)

so arguably average in both remarks, everything else is B- up

1 Like

I remember last year that was a low grade across the board for all nfl teams.

Its just hard because all these guys are on a specific diet durning the season. So its very hard to make 70+ players happy.

4 Likes

yeah it definetly is, but still, its not a terrible grade in the slightest, looks like it could go with some slight improvements though

again, overall Lions graded pretty well, its very nice to see that ownership and the FO truly give a shit about the players and team as a whole

2 Likes

Hold on… the team that has played in 4 of the last 5 super bowls couldn’t afford chairs!? WTF

2 Likes

Cant slouch if you don’t have chairs, yo

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

1 Like

Thinking of the argument I had here a few weeks back, where somebody was complaining that we were giving to much credit to Sheila for paying more for assistants, because she was so rich the amount was basically negligible. It’s true the cost to a billionaire to add chairs to the locker room is less than a rounding error–but some owners still won’t do it! There is a LOT of variation in how much owners choose to invest in their teams above and beyond the salary cap, and those investments can make a difference.

Also saw this on the Bengals, one of the NFL’s most notoriously cheap teams:

For an NFL team, where you WANT players spending most of their time during the season at your facility, going out of your way to make it convenient and pleasant for guys to be there might actually matter.

Then again, the Bengals are a couple seasons away from a Super Bowl, and the Chiefs just won their third in five years, so maybe the cheap-ass owners aren’t as dumb as they seem…

3 Likes

Haha take the chairs out of Allen Park asap :joy::joy:

Imagine how pissed Sewell would be going into games… no chairs. Gotta pay for Gatorade. The other team would quit before the game.

5 Likes

If I remember right. Didnt last year the Fords spend money to get some engineers to find a spot for a new practice facility? With more parking and amenities? So those improvements might be coming soon

Yes, they mentioned looking at a new property last year.

1 Like

Our BEST grade is a B+? Where are all the A’s. Who is in charge of operations for the Lions?

MCDC got an A+

2 Likes

Shiela needs to hire Gordon f-ucking Ramsey as the teams chief.

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by Masterchef

1 Like

That’s what I’m talkin’ 'bout!

1 Like

Lions finished with the lowest ranking of the NFC Norris teams.

Interestingly KC finished next to last overall but, won the Super Bowl again. What that tells me is, in the players eyes, the only thing that matters is the head coach because guess who was the highest rated coach?..the KC coach, Andy Reid.

Great news, DC was #3 with an A+, just behind the Vikes coach.

This makes me think of @BigNatty Bruce Banner saying “You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry”…

But Sewell is already the Hulk when he is in a good mood…

WTF planet could contain him if he was angry?

1 Like

Football Smile GIF by Detroit Lions

I want to see 1 on 1 reps of Fox vs Sewell…

Doesn’t work like that. We would never jeopardize Our OT like that just to make a point.

1 Like