Noah Sewell

If we are looking to upgrade from Rodrigo, then Sewell would fit that bill. I don’t see him as an upgrade to AA (and I don’t particularly like AA).

So, I checked out his performance at Colorado, and he had 2 tackles, 1 solo and a PD. His numbers across the board are half of what they were last season.

1 Like

Best 2 Down LB is what I said. Against the run or rushing the passer he’s an absolute stud. In coverage however, I think his grade is something like a 60 which is leaves a lot to be desired.

Trenton Simpson is hands down the best overall LB because he can play the slot as a LB due to his coverage skills which is crazy.

It seems more like you took offense to what I said about Jack Campbell. I think that’s a better point to disagree with me about than Sewell’s ability against the run.

1 Like

So why would he be better than Jack Campbell, who you specifically called out? In your opinion they are both 2 down LB’s and you called out Jack specifically as a liability in coverage and now are at least acknowledging the same for Sewell. Jack was D player of the year in the B1G and first team, won how many awards and Sewell’s performance was half of what it was in 2021.

BTW, what is Jack’s rating in coverage here, I can’t seem to make it out.

1 Like

Ha ha I was right! This is about JC not Sewell.

I’d rather we get a freak like Simpson lb from Clemson

1 Like

Ha ha? YOU are the one who brought up Campbell, I’m simply setting the record straight. This is absolutely about Sewell, he is someone that people wanted last season and he’s still getting ranked fairly high with half the production from last season. I have Campbell on our radar for our 2nd pick in the 2nd, not a first round guy but will certainly have a great NFL career. Eh, any news on Campbells coverage?

So your upset I dislike JC in coverage just say that from the start.

• He’s often slow to react and locate the ball against the run.
  • Campbell is a stretch to be able to cover tight ends or running backs in the NFL.
  • Needs to use his hands more violently to defeat blocks while coming after the quarterback at the next level.

This is a from the article you just posted. It says what I said. He is constantly trailing in coverage past 8-12 yards. It’s on tape, if you like him in coverage that’s fine. I’d prefer a few other guys before him and I’d prefer Sewell against the run.

He looks like a Belichick style LB right now.
I agree that DL might be in his future if he doesn’t land in New England… unless he loses about 20 pounds.

2 Likes

He’s a better 3/4 MLB for sure. If you look at what they drafted in Barnes I think that’s going to be more the body/play type the Lions want in LB. The way BH talks about LBs value late, he will get someone late that we all have to rush out and watch tape on after the draft.

So what? This is about Sewell and your opinion about JC’s coverage skills. YOU made this about JC. Ever figure out his grade on coverage? Has Sewell ever been 1st in the NCAA in tackles? Not upset at all about any of your comments with re to JC, just setting the record straight. I already posted my thoughts with re to where JC should be taken. It wasn’t in the first and is damn near to the third round, why is it that YOU have a problem with that? Where should Sewell be taken?

If it’s me I’m not drafting any LB until the 2nd round at the earliest. If I want a 3/4 LB I’d take Sewell middle/late in the 2nd. There is no Devin Bush in this draft so there is a lot of other talent I’d take first.

1 Like

See, it wasn’t that hard. Just trying to gauge where people had him esp after how he played this season. I see most sites have him higher than either one of us would rank him and wondered what the boards take was because no one was talking about him after there was a lot of discussion about him after last season.

Devin Bush???

Is that the watermark we are shooting for at LB???

No Entiendo Spanish GIF by Travis

1 Like

I just wanted him desperately lol. It’s still a sore spot for me so he popped into my head.

2 Likes

Wanted to ask the same type of question earlier this year after watching him twice. Small sample for sure but I did not see what all the hype was about. A traditional ILB in a 3-4 defense might work, but based on what type of LB’s we have that were brought in by the current regime, I just don’t see the fit. Definitely not a splash type player from what I saw and certainly not a difference maker you want with an early round pick.

Drew Sanders from Arkansas is definitely a guy I would consider. 6’5" 233 is how he’s listed. Was straight pass rusher last year in Alabama and didn’t see the field much. Moved to OLB for Arkansas and was all over the place.

103 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 5 PD and 9.5 sacks.

2 Likes

Nick Herbig from Wisconsin is a similar story.

We could use a 2 down thumper , remember Carolina?

Round 3 for him. Like Levy

Herbig will be interesting…
seems like his 3-cone might be impressive…
but he has some doubting his size as well…

I think his size is fine… he looks to have enough length to add a little weight and still be lightning quick. Man…. is he quick off the ball.

https://www.bluechipscouting.com/nfl-draft-articles-1/2022/10/1/2023-nfl-draft-stock-up-stock-down-from-week-4-of-cfb