Noah Sewell

There was a lot of expectations going into the 2022 season of how great he played and what an asset he would be. I haven’t watched a lot of Oregon this season but when I did his contribution seemed disappointing. Anyone got anything on him as a potential pick for us this draft?

2 Likes

I hope he slides ya know brad would take peneis bro .

1 Like

He looked like a 2-down guy only to me, which really hurts his stock. The reason everyone loved him so much was cause he was supposed to be this big guy who could move like a little guy. I didn’t see that at all.

7 Likes

Was thinking the same thing, that’s a 250+ pound dude, might be closer to 260. One site even lists him at 266, shit. Those Sewell boys are probably 20 pounds at birth! He’s a thick linebacker. Not sure that’s the type of linebackers the Lions are looking for. We seem to favor dudes around 235-240 that can run.

Get Noah a few more cheeseburgers and he could be playing D-line soon. And that might not be a bad idea at all for his nfl career.

4 Likes

Thumper of a 3-4 ILB is probably his best fit.

Both he and Flowe have been disappointments for Oregon fans. Dorlus and Gonzales are the two draft eligible Duck defenders that I like.

3 Likes

Haven’t we already traveled down this road with Tavai? Perhaps an unfair comparison to Noah, but you get the gist.

7 Likes

I’ve only watched Dorlus in-game, haven’t really done much of a deep dive, but I know he’s a really well thought-of guy. Sort of a smaller, penetrator-type right?

1 Like

He’s probably redundant with Paschal on the roster. Less juice but a better ability to anchor but that style of player. That was one thing I heard Cristobal talk about with Dorlus last year. That even 325lbs guys have a hard time digging him out and uprooting him.

1 Like

Last year a season ticket holder gave me really good seats midfield a few rows back. I wanted to check out Thibodeaux who didn’t do much and then didn’t play the second half at all. Colorado, though, wasn’t much of an opponent.

That game Sewell was all over the field. He flashed every play it seemed. Moved really fast for a bigger LB

3 Likes

The first thing the staff would do is make him lose weight. They will give him 250 as the target.

On first and 2nd down he’s the best LB coming out by far. He’s going to struggle covering 4.4 RB’s out of the backfield. He’s not a man coverage guy but does well in zone. Cover’s TE’s pretty well. Pulling guards he discards very well and beats the block the majority of the time. He holds the edge, discards the block and makes the play on a regular basis.

He’s a huge upgrade from a guy like Jack Campbell who is a liability in coverage. I think he will slim down for the combine and have a 40 of something like 4.55 maybe a little faster. I agree with Mr. Peabody and teams are going to want him in that 245-250 range for play weight.

1 Like

Perfect new England lb if you ask me

3 Likes

I don’t think we will know until we see his 10 yard split. If he shows out there I think he’s the first LB taken.

Yep, 3-4 inside backer written all over him. Probably round 4 or 5 he gets drafted, unless he shows up at the combine at 240 and runs a 4.6 - 40 that might change things.

3 Likes

I think Sewell is an instant impact player for us if we draft him. People say he’s only a 1st and 2nd down guy, well, that’s fine with me. I also think you need to judge his whole body of work. Something was off this year with him. I don’t know if was playing too heavy, or if he was injured, or if his scheme wasn’t great. But he is a top 10-15 maybe at the start of this season.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to say J Campbell is going to have a much longer NFL career than N Sewell

1 Like

Nothing was off with him, over hyped by the media. Then people actually watched him & went yeah that’s not it

He was pretty over hyped on this board as well but I think that’s coming back down to earth after people actually watched him play this year

1 Like

Neah, I don’t agree. I can tell just by watching games from the two years he looked different.

1 Like

He’s a solid player, but never ran like a 1st round kind of guy

1 Like

How is he the best when he wasn’t even the best in the Pac 12?

As A Sophomore (2022)
» Coaches Pac-12 All-Conference second team
» Phil Steele All-Pac-12 first team
» Associated Press All-Pac-12 second team
» Pro Football Focus All-Pac-12 third team