Not all is lost: Lions could earn headlines, momentum if we slap Pack

If we slap down the Packers (game thread here), the narrative will be how many in the NFC escaped without having to face the Lions. And a franchise that is staring at a top 5 pick, another first rounder, and two second rounders.

We didn’t make the playoffs. Few if any of us expected that anyway. And frankly, not sure we deserved it after starting 1-6. And the loss to Carolina was stunning on multiple levels, but mostly, we seemed entirely ill-prepared and disinterested. But hopefully we learned something.

Regardless of how tonight’s game goes, have a TON to look forward to next year. And if we slap down Rodgers and the Pack, we might get more headlines than some playoff teams.

7 Likes

We can also finish with a winning record. That’s a big big deal.

4 Likes

Yeah man! Put the NFC North on notice. 5-1 in the division and putting down the Pack? Ill take it after 1-6.

5 Likes

BTW if the Lions come out and have a Carolina level stinker, that will leave a very bad taste and be very SOL. I think they win tonight but losing badly would be really disappointing.

3 Likes

Yeah, they can’t come out flat. Still a lot to look forward to, but if they have another Carolina game—that’s 2 in 3 weeks—then the BNL/SOL thing is still a tossup.

I’d be SHOCKED if that happens. All the pressure is on the Packers. None of the Lions.

1 Like

Agreed on all points actually.

I’m still pouting after the Seahawks win. Regardless this year was better than I expected for the Lions and the future is bright!

3 Likes

I already feel like Free Agents are going to be lining up to play in Detroit, but man, if they can go into Lambeau and finish the year the way they have…I think it may be the easiest FA courting any team has had to do when it comes to getting guys to buy in.

3 Likes

It’s be great if the Lions won, but they’re out of the playoffs. All is lost. This season now sucks. F my L.
Yay… more pretty future seasons for us…. For the bazillioneth time. Next year.

I got to be honest I’m rooting for a good performance especially from our young guys but hoping for a close loss.

This team needs talent to get to the promised land and I’ll take the higher pick every time over a meaningless "feel-good"win. Sure it will feel good to get the win and everybody will be pumped up for next season but once a few weeks go by nobody will care about this win anymore and it will be on to draft prep and free agent moves.

Come draft time as we sit and look at the prospects disappear off the board I’m betting the vast majority of people on here would quickly trade a victory in this game to pick three picks higher and secure a corner like Gonzalez instead of getting stuck with a lesser player.

It’s been a good exciting season we had a nice little run but it’s time to think about next year please give me the L

The players know that we’re not playing for anything other than a little bit of pride tonight so I don’t expect a win. The NFL should’ve never allowed both games to be played at separate times. Yeah a winning record would be nice but also cost us a few more spots in the draft

There is absolutely zero proof to the theory of “momentum going into next season.” None.

There are 7 months between now and their first preseason game. The team will have new draft picks and free agents. Potentially new coordinator(s).

Would it be great to have a winning season? Absolutely. But there is absolutely no “momentum” with a win.

1 Like

Count me in the very disappointed group……BUT I do agree - I didn’t think playoffs at all before the season….and I was damn well in the “questioning MCDC” camp when we were 1-6.

So I would say we have a lot to look forward to.

I also want the Lions to bitch slap Rodgers tonight.

I hate that douche

3 Likes

I disagree, especially when it comes to attracting Free Agents to come or stay for team friendly deals.

I disagree and in fact I’ve provided this proof in the past.

Odds are very much in favor for new coaches who can get a winning season in their first 3 seasons to have the momentum to win a Superbowl. New coaches who fail to do so almost always fail to win much of anything.

Turning things around and putting up a winning season in year two gives me hope we can build on that and win it all.

2 Likes

So pissed off early in day. Same old unlucky Lions shite.
However…
Man that game sparked me. I"m in. Let’s go. This team. Tons of draft picks, should have a few dollars for at least one good FA.
C’mon… we can keep this going.

1 Like

That comment Kaaron made ( “you can’t lose to that team”) after the early season loss clearly motivated our dudes.

I also think Campbell probably challenged them to show what they can do. Pretty ballsy to beat the Kaaron and the Pack in Lambeau in Jan regardless of circumstances.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.