Not sure who needs to hear this

Hearing this will cause me to W.O.P.R. the entire earth in my mind

war games GIF by Caitlin Burns

You’re spot on Nate. That’s exactly what he’ll say and he’ll praise the defense for giving us a chance at the end - sigh.

I thought it was Dan.

2 Likes

I know some people will hate it but tonight was absolutely a Same Old Lions game.

The team we’ve been running out this season is the same sort of team we have been running out from 1989 - 2021 (my entire experience as a Lions fan before the first few successful Holmes / Campbell years).

4 Likes

Definitely had that feeling.

Haven’t seen BNL in two years …

1 Like

They were glimpses of it last season, especially that Tampa Bay game.

This season is absolutely the team I know and hate that I love (SOL).

Welp, you were fairly close Nate with your presser synopsis.

Dan Presser

1 Like

Scary same script. Lost a championship game. Hall of Fame caliber running back, talented lineman lost unexpectedly, cocky gm that doesn’t want to spend in free agency, Star pass rushing defensive end, talented nose guard, All Pro middle linebacker that struggles in pass protection, hard hitting playmaking safety that got injured, questionable corners, two talented offensive linemen, great group of receivers, good tight end, questionable coaching staff. An owner that is scared to fire anyone they like as people.

1 Like

Dan is a meatball

If Sheppard is even allowed to re-enter the City of Detroit from North Carolina this should be the only approved method of transportation.
Launch Knight GIF by Age Of Empires Community

I said and believe thw window is closed. Give credit to teams like San Francisco. They keep coming back after the fact. Dan Campbell isn’t a great coach. He is.to loyal to.a fault.
Starting pawning off these players for the rebuild

This!!! I’ve been saying this. Holmes took a roster built for 3-5 years of dominant football and rested on it like no one would get hurt or leave etc. He has done a piss poor job of restocking the shelves. Worse than I ever could’ve imagined. What he put on DCs (both) plate to work with is utterly disgusting. I don’t want to turn this into another I hate Holmes thread but goddammit man this cannot be tolerated. The guy flat out refuses to look outside the box for real football players. Going quantity over quality isn’t going to work. It’s over.

yep. I’ve been saying we’re done until the next rebuild.

looks like we also kept the wrong head coach.

I think we’re seeing how important 2024 First Team All Pro Kerby Joseph and 2024 Pro Bowl safety Brian Branch were to the defense.

The 2026 edition is a True Story Behind the 2016 Election Dumpster Fire GIF

But good gms admit to themselves that Joseph is never coming back and at least attempt to bring in starter level talent.

1 Like

No argument there.

I’ll never forget standing in my driveway at halftime thinking, this is it…all these years.

Turns out it may be the mountain top.

1 Like

The hubris is incredible—literally sacrificing seasons, tossing away the best years of an elite slate of offensive talent, because he wants to avoid cap trouble sometime in the future? I’m sure the next GM will appreciate it. But honestly I wouldn’t care about the attitude or defensiveness or even smartest guy in the room syndrome if he delivered results. Our defensive failures the last 3 years are largely on him.

2 Likes

OK defensive players, they are at bare bones supposed to be NFL caliper PROFESSIONAL football players on your defense, that said, they also have a Defensive Leader that is "supposed " to be a mastermind , able to keep their minds sharp, be there for guidance, and correct any player not doing the right things. Sheppard wanted to sit back and collect a check, he wasn’t doing what he was supposed to be and his guys did whatever they wanted, so the system wasn’t good.

Honestly fans don’t deserve shit. It’s a choice to support a sports franchise. If needing to support a winner is what is needed in order to be a happy fan, be a fair weather one.

This team did what all franchises do at some point or another. Built a contender and didn’t win it all during that span. Only 1 team can be happy every year. And we don’t have a face of the league like a Pat Mahomes to give us a leg up on everybody else.

1 Like