Not sure who needs to hear this

But we deserve better as fans.

That team we rolled out tonight before a nationally televised audience? Several wouldn’t start on 31 other teams.

When you’re a multi-millionaire who likes to degrade reporters simply doing their job, and give cocky answers to anyone else who dares question your decision making, it could be that you’re out of touch with reality.

But who knows. I was told tonight that I don’t “know the game,” so I’m guessing I’m just wrong, and hallucinating everything. Maybe they’re 3-0 and atop the division.

7 Likes

But hey, a few years ago we got to play in a real game, and gosh darnnit, we won the first half of that game! So we should just, like, be content with this shitshow.

5 Likes

Some head has to roll regarding this defense.

1 Like

We took a dynasty type roster and watered it down quickly.

4 Likes

There is no way we should be 4 guys short of a competent defense when branch and Kerby were known injury issues. I’ll forgive the Arnold debacle, but this is silly.

3 Likes

“We LiKe ThE GuYs We HaVe.”

1 Like

Can we call Brad a villain still but for different reasons

1 Like

Kermit The Frog Tea GIF

But he got receipts…REEEECEEEEPS!

2 Likes

I keep saying it, their Superbowl window was 2023 and 2024. 2023 they kind of blew a golden opportunity and injuries destroyed 2024. They’ve lost some real vet leaders that played huge roles in the turnaround and losing Ben Johnson also hurt, doesn’t help either that the star safety duo is out. They’re 11-10 in their last 21 games. That also fits the eye test, they went from Superbowl contender to an average team. We’re in the Wayne Fontes era again essentally.

4 Likes

Eerily so the more you think about it

Dan needs to stop hiring his buddies to be his defensive coordinator’s. I never really liked AG and thought hiring Shepperd was a mistake….and it was. Can’t even begin to understand having a defense this bad when you have an offense that consistently scores points and wins TOP.

2 Likes

I’ve given Brad heat, and Kelvin Sheppard should be fired tomorrow.

But it’s time for Dan Campbell to maybe start feeling it a little, too. Because what I saw tonight was not a well-coached team in any aspect whatsoever.

6 Likes

These easy schedules just proves were back to the bad days

1 Like

You know what he’s going to say, right?

“Look man, that team over there, that’s a tough team. Tough team in a tough environment, and we had a chance. We had a chance, man. And look, that’s on us, we didn’t capitalize. But we had the ball with a chance to win it. That’s all you can ask for man. So look, we’ll clean some stuff up man. We’ll clean it up, and we’ll get back to it.”

10 Likes

Why did I get the facepalm @Nate What do you disagree with or are you just facepalming because of the reality of the situation I painted in my post?

Ultimately I’m gonna hold Sheila to her saying that 9-8 wasnt good enough last season and that it wont be tolerated again…so the ball is in her court if the wheels fall off.

Reality of the situation. And the accuracy of the Fontes comparison.

2 Likes

To be fair, I think your mentioning a willingness to absolve Shep is what put you at odds in the game thread. Whether good talent or not, the DC is doing things that make no sense from a personnel or strategic sense.

“Look man, that team over there, that’s a tough team. Tough team in a tough environment, and we had a chance. We had a chance, man. And look, that’s on us, we didn’t capitalize. But we had the ball with a chance to win it. That’s all you can ask for man. So look, we’ll clean some stuff up man. We’ll clean it up, and we’ll get back to it.”

Did anyone else read this in MCDC’s voice?

6 Likes