Not that it really matters, but Lions moving up in power rankings

13th at ESPN

14th at Sporting News

The Lions are the quietest and weirdest of the undefeated teams. They would be 3-0 if not for their confusing meltdown against the Cardinals, but they showed us real mettle with Matt Patricia in taking down the Chargers and Eagles back-to-back. The Packers might need to sweat this team in the division.

12th at Washington Post

The victory in Philadelphia, even with the Eagles in their depleted state, suggests that the Lions’ improved early-season play perhaps is to be taken seriously. They really should be 3-0, given the squandered lead during the season-opening tie with the Cardinals.

1 Like

Walter football: #8 8. Detroit Lions (2-0-1) - Previously: 13.
Underrated NFL Team: See why the Lions are an overrated NFL team in our new Overrated-Underrated page.

https://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

Too high IMO

14 here: https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058649/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-bills-49ers-hit-top-10-eagles-dive?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dpower-rankings%3Bteam%3Dmia%3Bteam%3Ddet%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dace%3Bdvsn%3Dncn%3Bplyr%3Dcalais_campbell%3Bplyr%3Dmatthew_ryan%3Bplyr%3Djoseph_flacco&p.ct=Power+Rankings&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23666666&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

From an unamed/unlinked source:
Low: 17

Last Week: 21

Week 3 Result: Won at Philadelphia 27-24

Maybe it’s time we started paying attention to the Detroit Lions.

After stunning the Eagles 27-24 in Philadelphia, the Lions remain unbeaten and sit just half a game back of the Green Bay Packers in the NFC North. Were it not for a late collapse in Arizona in Week 1, the Lions would be sitting at a perfect 3-0.

The Detroit Lions.

Detroit didn’t exactly pile up the style points in the win. Matthew Stafford barely broke 200 passing yards, and the Lions averaged just 3.1 yards per carry. But the Lions defense forced a pair of turnovers, and Detroit got a special teams score on the first kickoff return touchdown of the 2019 season.

“I’m still not sure how good the Lions are,” Davenport said, “but Sunday’s win over the Eagles is Detroit’s second straight over a team that made the playoffs in 2018. We won’t have to wait long to find out, though—the Lions host the Kansas City Chiefs next week and then head to Lambeau to face the Packers.”

“Maybe, the Lions are actually…good? Well, they’re certainly better than expected with a 2-0-1 record,” Sobleski added. “Back-to-back victories over quality opponents in the Los Angeles Chargers and Philadelphia Eagles signal a highly competitive roster. If not for a second-half collapse against the Arizona Cardinals to open the season, the question mark regarding how good Detroit is would have turned into a declarative statement.”

We’re going to sweep the Packers, man!

1 Like

A few more listed in this article:

So, if we beat KC, do we jump to #2?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We can beat the Chiefs but I’m prepared that we are facing the first game this ur where I feel we are a true underdog. And we enter a very hard three game stretch with K.C. home, GB away and then the vikes!!

We need 2-1 out of this!!

Oddsmakers think so too. Chiefs favored by 6 over the Lions on the road.

I usually don’t care about power rankings. I just checked the first one, which was ESPN. and all four teams on our division are in the top 14.

Our division, like many expected…is a tough SOB!

I especially like seeing MN and GB ranked that high. They will fall. We will force it to happen.

1 Like

I felt like we would easily beat Arizona, then get pounded 5 games in a row.
Now, I’m thinking it’s possible to go into Dallas undefeated. Possible, not probable, and I’m in no way predicting that.

2 Likes

Have to stay healthy. Losing key players could really plummet a team.

You’re better than that notfishin! Because:
I’m thinking its possible to go undefeated. Possible, not probable, and I’m in no way predicting that!!!
:smiley:

I’m definitely not better than that…but, I have fantasized about it for years and years.:rofl: