Now We Know Why Dan Campbell Hasn’t Been A Coordinator

And injuries. Losing Okudah, Romeo Okwara, Ragnow, Ty Williams, and Decker for most of the season have made a weak roster, even weaker.

3 Likes

I’m not sure Tyrell Williams is much of a loss, or Okudah either…. But regardless injuries happen. Nobel team goes 17 games without an injury. If your team can’t win because a few players get injured it was screwed to being with.

True that injuries happen.

Also true that TW was much better than any other WR currently playing… as is Cephus.

1 Like

I’m never gonna except the excuse that this team is so void of talent that the coach can’t win with it.

Especially when we’ve lost several close games that were filled with coaching errors and mistakes due to game preparations.

I love how suddenly that’s acceptable because of the excuse that we just lack talent.

We’re not losing games due to talent.

Who thinks the record is acceptable?

1 Like

Incidentally, my biggest worry is we are nearing or at the point where players take less to go anywhere but Detroit.

And/or top draftees tell us not to pick them.

At that point, it’s done. Not sure we recover from something like that.

Then you’d be right. Holmes nor God himself could fix this mess.

1 Like

Eh, Tyrell is about to turn 30 and hasn’t played in 2 years. To me it feels like his career is probably over. Maybe he could be a depth piece for someone - but he doesn’t play special teams so it’s gonna be tough to stick in the league.

If that’s the piece that’s preventing you from winning games - not good.

Maybe do it old school where Goff calls the plays.

1 Like

Laugh So Hard Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

3 Likes

Exactly, that’s why we are 0-10-1! lol - We didn’t have much talent to begin with and we lost most of our highest paid players.

I didn’t even mention Flowers before, he’s missed 4 games and has done nothing. Making like 15 mill per season. This roster sucks. Built by Fatty P and Quinn.

3 Likes

ashton kutcher idea GIF

2 Likes

The Greg Joseph game winner was 50/50. The Tucker 66 yarder was the longest kick in NFL history by what 3 yards? If he kicks that 10 more times odds are he misses at least 9 of then if not all ten. If out kicker didn’t get hurt odds are he hits the game winner against the Steelers or maybe it doesn’t even get to OT if he hits the extra point. Would you really feel that much better about this team had they won those 2-3 games? We literally have the worst WR group in the NFL. One of the worst starring QBs. The worst LBer group. Maybe the worst secondary, and a below average d line. Yet somehow this team is competing more often then not? Campbell has made some really dumb mistakes but this coaching staff is the main reason this isn’t the worst football team I have ever witnessed.

2 Likes

The Lions have failed to win in 7 games by a TD or less. Many of those games could have been won had we not had game management errors, excessive penalties, etc.

Do we lack talent … yes
Do we lack difference makers … yes

But the reason this team is winless is 100% on the coaching staff. You feel my statement is laughable. I personally do not. In fact you didn’t either in 2019 when you made similar statements about Matt P.

So I am actually surprised to see you take this stance Wes. When MP lost Stafford and went winless the rest of the season you took the stance that it was due to coaching. You stated something to the effect that it takes poor coaching to go winless. You criticized MP (who had Blough and Driskel as his QB’s) because he didn’t go deep enough but you defend Dan for running on 3rd and 32 because his team lacks talent.

Why the change in philosophy?

DEFINITELY some truth to this.
We get to get better. Hoping a great OC will fix a good chunk of it.

SO much truth here…

AND here…

This tings is gonna get better with talent and an OC. How much better???

To
Be
Determined

I don’t know what’s so hard about this, do we lack talent yes everyone knows this is yes we do , but every lose wasn’t do to just the poor talent. There a few in there you can mark up as poor coaching, poor time management and other things. its like just because we don’t have alot of good players so Campbell and the staff get a free pass. But some of Campbells misshapes is on the verge of being baffoonaire and down right laughable some times.

You want to see what a defeated coach looks like

For a guy that thought he had all the answers to fix Detroit, he looks totally defeated and just down right confused.

1 Like

Defeated? Yes. Confused? Doubt it.

Give them to Duce

1 Like

I think duce is a good candidate, he’s did wonders with the RBs. Smart young coach.

Your preaching the same thing I am.

I do not understand why the talent level of the team gives the staff a free pass.

There is a lot of distance between a free pass and firing someone as if that solves something.

1 Like