Offense coordinator last year

I think he was a older coach. He was probably feeling way out of place thinking these guys are crazy

It was also probably hard for him to go from being a head coach the season before to working for a young first time coach with totally different philosophies.

3 Likes

Anthony Lynn? Yeah, probably so. That was clearly a square peg/round hole situation.

4 Likes

I think Lynn does deserve credit for turning the running game around. Every where he has been the running game has been successful.

2 Likes

I don’t like the way things went down last year. Still feels like Lynn was unfairly made the fall guy after essentially being set up to fail. People are talking about all the injuries and lack of talent we had last year, but Lynn basically lost his job after a handful of games while he was dealing with all that crap.

1 Like

Lynn landed on his feet as assistant HC under Kyle Shannahan. Feels like a great fit for him. Honestly Campbell and Lynn felt like a solid pairing - I think Lynn and Goff just didn’t click. But I don’t think that poorly of Lynn personally

2 Likes

DC obviously felt that Lynn was not a fit. Better to jettison him as soon as possible and move on. Just like you would do with a player. Once you’re convinced it’s not going to work, there’s no need to force it. I don’t think anyone in the organization made Lynn the fall guy. It just didn’t work. Move on.

2 Likes

If we say his name does he show up on game day?! :eyes::ghost:

Lynn also deserves a ton of credit for being a class act. That situation could have easily become very toxic. I’m very impressed by Lynn’s character. That’s not an easy thing to do.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.