***Official Draft Contest Discussion thread***

In the 7th round, I think. Only 159 picks off…I’m very proud of that.
Im Proud Of You Episode 1 GIF by New Amsterdam

1 Like

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Enjoyed reading last years projections. Came to the conclusion that we suck. :slight_smile:

I got a big fat zero.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official Draft Contest Thread

Love saying that name out loud. It sounds downright dirty.

I’ve tried and failed.

I had a dream i was at next years NFL honors the week before the 2025 SuperBowl… i saw a little bit of the future. All i know is the lions are trading 29, 73 and a 2025 6th to the Rams for pick 19.

With the 19th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select

Laiatu Latu - Quarterback Hunter - USC

Latu gets 13 sacks as a rookie wins DROY

But what i really remember from the awards ceremony…

Hutch gets 22.5 sacks, a pick 6, 2 scoop and score TDs, and 2 recieving TDs on his way to winning DPOY and MVP honors. TJ Watt presents him the awards and makes joke about how he is only winning MVP because Aaron Rogers had an off year… even though we are about to face him on the Superbowl the following week.

So Lions vs Jets 2025 superbowl

Lions enter with both the best OL and DL in the league.

Place your bets folks!

2 Likes

So the best season ever in nfl history for a defensive player…

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

1 Like

Paul Rudd Movie GIF

Man I’d rather play any team than the Jets. Not because I’d be worried we couldn’t beat them, but because a couple of my closest childhood buddies are obnoxious Jets fans. They’d make the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl unbearable.

Jets fans are amongst the most enjoyable fans I’ve ever been around. Giants fans are amongst the most banal but that’s a different story. Jets fans are IMO the most sarcastic fan base in pro sport IMO. And they’re both sarcastic and passionate, not sarcastic in a Los Angeles Clippers sort of way.

If they ever turned into a dynasty I don’t think my Jets buddies would know what to do. Deriding the Jets franchise is so deeply engrained into their sports fandom identity.

I like Browns fans as well but there is a whole working class, decayed rust belt underdog thing that makes me see their sucktitide in a more tragic light. Perhaps bc the parallels with the Lions are more fitting. The Jets futility feels fanciful. Like it’s a comic strip and that given their chain mail of sarcasm the NYJ fan base feels no pain from the many blows.

1 Like

You’ve had better experiences with them than I have, that’s for sure. And with a much larger sample size too. It’s just these buddies of mine specifically are natural irritants, the kind of people who, if they’re not talking shit, they’re not talking at all. It’s just who they are. Very funny a lot of the time, but relentless as well. I get exhausted just thinking about it.

I’d put the Eagles at the top by a wide gap.

I used to work with a bunch of older Jets fans. They were usually like in their formative years during Broadway Joe’s miracle run and I think the assumption of what they thought being a Jets fan would be like and what it actually became probably at one point made them irritable but their callouses had formed long before I met them.

Interesting. I think of Eagles fans as ornery and almost prideful of their periodic spectator malfeasance. Jets fans I’ve found to be light hearted. They’re a grittier sports hoodlum like aspect to many Eagles fans. Perhaps that clouds my impression of their sarcasm. Unsurprising that the Northeast would dominate the sarcastic fanbases charts.

1 Like

Yeah I could see that. Winners can become pretty damn irritating and entitled. I expect that to happen to a lot of our fanbase as well, once he start banking Super Bowl wins.

But my buddies are irritants naturally who just also happen to be Jets fans. Whether they’re winning or losing, they’re gonna talk their shit.

I have a few of those. I’ve never had to buy a drink to keep myself out of a fight. I’ve had to buy many drinks in order to keep my friends out of fights. The same handful of the types that you are describing. They get bored (and drunk) and make mischief.

See that’s how I view Eagles fans from afar.

Then there’s Boston.

1 Like

If you only meet with your perfect friends, you’ll be a very lonely person.

Having said that, for me, most people have expiration dates, whether it’s 5 minutes or an evening or 2 days before I need to come up for air. It’s sounds like these guys are in the evening category.

Ha, they are definitely a lot. 2-3 days max is my hang-out window these days. Love them to death, but get the ■■■■ out of here.