Official fire MCDC thread

Let the man live in his own misery… :crazy_face:

Sure…even then I don’t see 10 straight losing seasons, I don’t see 24 & 25 game road losing streaks. I don’t see winless seasons. I don’t see losing double digit games 9 out of 10 years. I surely don’t see one playoff win in 64 years. I don’t see 28 years without a division title. I’m talking about that kind of joke.

Why live in the past… the past has past baby!!

Today is where it’s at and we won today!! :crazy_face::+1::upside_down_face::pray::heart:

It’s there; you’ve just got to see it.

The Steelers were founded in 1933. They had one postseason appearance between 1933 and 1971, a shutout loss in 1947. They won their division just once between 1933 and 1972, also in '47.

No one will top the Lions for Black Swan Events and finding new and inventive and gut-wrenching ways to lose. But the Steelers were just as bad, for about as long. When they finally got the coach and front office right, they were a competitive, championship-winning franchise for two-plus generations and counting.

I meant double-digit losing seasons not games…but I will have to look at standings. You link just shows records but I will look at it!

“lean years?”…lol…“lean years?” "if we get any more lean we’ll disappear ! The Steelers had more success-they’ll live …heh heh.

It’s funny revisting this thread.

We all had some crappy takes, including me.

This team is getting better as it’s roster gets worse.

That’s all on coaching.

Anyone who thinks he’s lost this team needs to go watch Austin Bryant after we recovered that fumble.

All I’ll say right now.

3 Likes

What asshole started this thread anyw—

6 Likes
If you wanted Campbell fired, have you changed your mind?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Keep in mind MP finished well down the stretch his first year as well. So I’d hold off gloating.

Dan has deserved all the criticism he’s gotten. He’s made a ton of mistake and coaching is the biggest reason we were undefeated for as long as we were. When this thread was started the team had just laid down in consecutive home games and looked like shit. Fans and the media alike were right to question what the hell Dan and company was doing.

He took a lot of heat and that heat was well deserved. However he changed his approach. He listened to the critics. Ever since Dan has opened things up, has gotten more aggressive with the play calling on both offense and defense, and stopped calling stupid plays. Like running on 3rd and long. The team is suddenly winning.

The argument and excuses that the QB’s couldn’t make the throws, or that we lacked the talent, has been proven false. The coaching has greatly improved lately and as a result we’re winning. Which suggests the coaching greatly deserved the criticism they were getting.

Dan also deserves credit for keeping the team playing hard. For getting things going in the right direction. For the team improving in recent weeks. For winning in recent weeks. Etc.

He deserved all the criticism and he deserves all the credit if he keeps building on what he’s done lately.

However my concerns are that his ego might get in the way like it did with MP. My concern is he might revert back to the stupid shit he was doing just a month ago.

He’s got a lot of work to do and he’s trending in the right direction. Let’s hope he can build on the success they’ve had but let’s not lose site of the fact this team has won only two games and they had the opportunity to win 3 times (or more) that many.

I give him credit for turning it around. For changing his approach and for the recent success but this year as a whole has been one of the worst we’ve had in some time. Let’s not lose site of that.

I think Fans expectations were so low that they are hanging their hat on the small amount of success that we’ve had.

4 Likes

It really did look like Dan was in over his head. Especially when he first took over play calling. But after a couple weeks it became apparent that was the right decision and the offense became night and day better

Of course getting Decker back and signing Reynolds we’re contributing factors.

And despite some really bad in-game coaching decisions, it’s apparent the players adore him and are still playing hard for him. I’m looking forward to seeing what can happen once we get out of cap-hell and get more talent on the field

Precisely my take.

Next season we’ll know. Like I said, if next year he starts the same way this season began he needs to be out after week 4.

1 Like

Ah … no, he didn’t deserve ALL the criticism he got
Some, sure — every coach deserves some here and there
I have zero concern that anything will go to his head
He’s a mature man and clearly a solid leader

Honestly, some of the criticism I read here had me scratching my head.
We’ve got a decent coach, great leader and he can put a high quality staff in place and not worry about his ego.

I expect him to achieve more success than most of us have seen in our lifetimes.

Ok … that’s a “low bar” … :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m not a full no, but still questioning some of his moves. But we most compete next year

You don’t seriously believe this, do you?

3 Likes

His words -

“I get the texts and I get the calls, ‘Hey man, hang in there,’” Campbell said. “And so it’s like the more that I get, the more I know there is chatter. I know there’s chatter out there. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be getting all of these calls out of the blue or these texts. I know that, and look, as far as being warranted, when you don’t win a game, I should be getting criticized. I don’t blame anybody for that. That’s the reality of it right now.

“Certainly, I can be better, and there are things that – now it’s been three games and all three of those games there are three calls I wish I could have back. So, you learn as you go, you grow and then … look, I’m not going to lie, there are things about it between learning to be a head coach and a playcaller that are all – it’s stuff that I’m working through right now, that I can get better at. I look at all of it and I think about how do I prepare myself as best as I can and how do I improve on what I’ve done to help these guys.”

2 Likes

Very much enjoy your takes but this aged rather poorly.

1 Like

I’ve never been as excited by a head coach kicking it deep with two and a half minutes left and three runouts as I was this week.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but I was definitely glad to see him kick deep on that kick off. It was a sound coaching decision and not some whacked out let’s go for the gusto moment that he’s tended to do this season.

Although his decision making does seem to be improving.

I’m being very serious. I was elated that he didn’t go full Danny Gambletron. That’s my only remaining issue with him. Dial that back, Dan. Analytics be damned.

2 Likes