*** Official Preseason Game Day Thread *** Atlanta Falcons @ Detroit Lions

After speaking with @Nate we will be doing threads for preseason games and a live chat for regular season games.

Today’s game starts at 6PM.

It’s about time that football is here…

Let the discussion begin.

Go Lions!

6 Likes

Happy Sport GIF by Detroit Lions

Is Barnes starting? Asking for a friend (Cap)

1 Like

Have the game on on almost every TV in my taproom

6 Likes

No, he’s not. If Anzalone doesn’t play well I will be questioning why AG and Campbell are so loyal to him. I don’t see it.

1 Like

I only want to see one thing: Two, accurate, downfield passes by Goff. Like a 10 yard out, and a seam up the middle to the TE or something similar.
Oh, and I’d like to see Hutch beat the T a couple of times. Doesn’t have to sack, just show some solid pressure. But that one’s less important, just a feel good for me.

1 Like
  • Good tackling
  • no fumbles/interceptions (take care of the ball!)
  • limited penalties
  • QB pressure from the D-line
  • no injuries
  • a Win - pre-season wins don’t mean much to most teams…but the Detroit Lions are not most teams. The feeling of winning needs to be felt by these coaches, players, and fans.

I want to see a well coached, disciplined team. All 90 players

2 Likes

word. If there’s six false starts three offsides and 12 men on the field it’s going to feel like Patricia repackaged

3 Likes

Honestly, couldn’t care less about the win. We have no idea how much game planning comes from coaches. One team could just say, “we’re doing cover 1 all game, no matter what.” Cause they want to see how some guys react to situations. So the win is like the last thing I care about. Show me hustle. And for the love of God, Goff throw some downfield balls please.

2 Likes

Patricia loved to play with 10 on the field. Only a rocket scientist could come up with such a brilliant strategy.

2 Likes

Please - play Goff for more then just the opening series. I want him to play the first half. Seems like last year he never played much more then one series, and then looked like it until the back end of the season.

And as another poster said - throw the damn ball downfield!!!

Taproom as in a business? Or, taproom as in a room in your house with taps?

business in portland oregon :beers:

4 Likes

Ah damn lol, I was going to come watch if it was local. That’s a bit of a drive though haha.

Enjoy the game man. :beers:

1 Like

Unlimited free beer for all den members right!?

4 Likes

you know it

4 Likes

Do you have to get by the barricades, first?..BLM?..ANTIFA???..Could be tough!!

1 Like