OG Logan Stenberg

He was the anchor on our 10-2 Citrus Bowl team that had Benny Snell break our rushing record and was the anchor last year behind Lynn Bowden going from WR to QB due to injuries and leading the NCAA in yards per carry and leading the SEC in rushing.

3 Likes

1 Like

Completely disagree. This kid is a great run blocker. Pair him with Deandre Swift and we may finally have a good run game. I am over the Kerryon Johnson joke. Kid has talent but can’t stay on the field so is ultimately useless to us. Only thing I don’t like is no trade down in first round and was really hoping for either Jordan Elliott or Leki Fotu for the DL. Still got Kalili Davis though. Wouldn’t mind a WR in the 5th. Very hard to argue we have not measurably improved with these picks.

3 Likes

I disagree. Drafting for “need” in round 4 is kind of short sighted and the success rate isn’t probable. If I needed a starting QB, RB, or DE I wouldn’t bet any individual player I take will fill the void.

There are 3 positions the 30% success rates in round 4… OG, TE and DT

I would have liked a couple of the DTs like Lawrence from LSU or K Davis from Nebraska.

Decker- 1 year. Crosby can focus only on OT now

Dahl- I wouldn’t be shocked to see this kid compete to take the starting LG job at some point this year or next

Ragnow- stud

Jonah Jackson

Big V

This pick gives us a really good shot to replace a Glasgow with at least one of 2 OG picks panning out. At best we might have 2 new cheap guards as good or better than Dahl and Glasgow were

Glasgow and Dahl will make a combined 16m this year. These 2 will make 1.3m combined.

I love that we have depth at QB, secondary, rb, LB and OL.

I agree we could use a WR and a DT. Maybe one more DE

Anae
Strowbridge
K Davis
R Lawrence

Tyler Johnson

3 Likes

Lot of speculation on twitter that he was the target before he got picked up by the cards.

Would have been a major pickup for us. Kalil Davis our of Nebraska is still available if I am not mistaken. I would love him in lions blue too

He’s a very undisciplined player

1 Like

If we wanted Foto we needed to stay put and take him early in the 4th.

Oh well. I like the guard overall as he sounds like a solid football player but it is always hard to get excited about a guard. This is a bookkeeping pick, a maintenance pick. An attitude pick. It is clear the Lions want a great running game.

The towels are kind of scratchy!

Love it! Do what you do well!
LOL

Far from a WTF pick! Outstanding round 4 selection. Possesses all the tools to be an immediate contributor. The negative is his over aggressiveness (penalties) at times; something that can be remedied. The Lions seem to be announcing that an improved running game will be a top priority.

2 Likes
3 Likes

He’s nasty af, a real trend-setter, and despite everyone talking about his pass-blocking, he didn’t allow a sack the past two years in the best league in college (and only 1 pressure).

4 Likes

He didn’t let up a sack all year. That’s pretty darn impressive in the SEC. Weird because looking at the game tape, his movements look stiff so I figured that he’d be a liability in pass protection.

Awesome!!!

Especially if we have plans to rotate guards, like we did last year. Is this cat good enough to push Wiggins further down the depth chart? Rotate w/other new cat? I can see short yardage situations with Ragnow, Stenberg, Big V and Bo behind them. Let’s go beat some people up w/our OL. Love it!

Some People dogged the Larry warford pick and I remember a similar stat…your right…that’s a damn good stat vs the best competition.

HAHAHA! Exactly what I thought when I saw it. We still need a solid DT and yet another DB for MP’s system.

That drafted pure testosterone to offset the abundance of estrogen that’s been in the locker room in recent years.

6 Likes