Oh boy, Becky from Kalamazoo bringing it

This sounds like Brad to me, he has talked about fans and the draft, he may be planing to trade out of the first rd for a #1 CB. Brad doesn’t worry about injuries like this board.

Well, given his track record with drafting and signing injured players, maybe he should.

1 Like

The one bright side of getting Carolina’s 4th Rd pick is that it’s the first pick of day three. Typically, that pick has enhanced value in a trade.

2 Likes

It would be far more likely that it would be something like our 3rd and 5th. But since Tepper probably hand picked Horn and since he’s an awesome fantasy GM I doubt he trades him.

1 Like

One thing’s for sure–Brad’s not going to get fleeced in a trade deal.

3 Likes

Unless it’s for a receiver. Then all bets are off. Lol

I am buying this rumor. Why? Here are Horn’s injuries:
Horn suffered a season-ending foot injury in the third game of his rookie season. He missed the last four games of the 2022 season with a fractured wrist. Next up a very serious hamstring injury.

Horn has two years left on his rookie deal (like Sewell) if you include the 5th year option for 1st rd. picks. This is a major position of need for the Lions.

Using their 1st rd. pick on a guy who if healthy is a baller simply makes the team better and gives the Lions certainty. Why would the Panthers sell Horn for a 1st? They are not close to win now mode AND Horn has been injured and a bust for them so far. Cut bait. get a 1st this year,m get a 5th year option on a different player and develop that player as you look to build a winner the next two seasons.

Foot, wrist and hammy injuries are serious but not a major concern for me overall. I think this is a rumor worth pondering for all sides ESP. if we can get a 4th back.

Exercise of that 5th year option won’t come cheap. Almost $11.3M.

Otherwise, agree with your analysis as to why Panthers make the trade.

1 Like

If he is amazing you have him for two years at a min. If he isn’t good or injured again you gave up a late 1st. Worth the gamble? I think so. Horn is 25 in November.

The Panthers don’t have a 1st. They are not in win now mode. If they want to build through the draft they give up a player with an injury history for a 1st rd. pick meaning a fresh clock and a younger player who doesn’t need a new deal anytime soon. Not awesome value for the Panthers but Jaycee IS a significant injury concern and he needs a new deal in two years. They get younger and cheaper while we take on the injury risk and possibly large contract in two seasons.

Seems like a gamble worth taking.

Jaycee Horn is not going to require a first IMO. If he’s even being marketed.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that this guy has so many followers.

Do these youtube guys make real money? If so, i feel very confident that I could make shit up that would fascinate the hell out of people.

2 Likes

5,000 followers seems like a lot but it’s not at all. In fact, 5k followers tells me he sucks at this Youtube thing.

1 Like

Frosty tips would get him more followers

1 Like

It does make some sense. But I think it only may happen on draft day. I bet Brad has a bead on 3 or four corners, and if one happens to drop, then he’d take the rookie rather than Horn.

2 Likes

The price does seem high. If we get a 4th back, its a really high second. If we get a third back, its a mid second. That would be alot better.

This is not happening, its all fabrication.

Do it Bols… I’ll be happy to join you just making shit up for clicks…

Imitate Follow The Leader GIF

1 Like

I would name it, “kings of the jungle” and dress up as Tarzan for every podcast.

First episode would feature a trade rumor concerning Max Crosby, that I heard from a very reliable source (espn baby).

1 Like

I was about to ask how much crack posters must be smoking to think that a guy who has played 50% of his potential games is worth a 1st rounder. That is like saying Okudah was worth a 1st when we traded him. I realize Horn is better but he is never available.

Oh ESPNBABY would be a weekly guest host for sure.

2 Likes