Ojabo

Yeah he’s the one guy not coming back quickly. I don’t expect we’ll ever get much more out of him.

1 Like

Yep. This fact alone should have me rejoicing as a Lions fan, but the suck is too strong for this to influence it.

It’s over. Any peak I make into next year’s cap situation automatically calculates him as released.

2 Likes

He’s still not practicing right!? And we are into November. Maybe they are planning to just sit him out all season, it’s not like we want to win any games and blow our chance to get Young or Anderson

2 Likes

I was wondering about this too.

1 Like

He’d likely need to practice for at least a couple weeks before hes ready to play in a game right!

1 Like

I’d think so. It may not be a full on tank, but a subversive tank strategy.

1 Like

The old subversive tank! lol

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’ll get him some action just to get his feet wet and get his confidence back from the ACL injury so he can hit the ground running next year. But they won’t rush him back.

3 Likes

Yea, that’s what I was thinking before the season… not so sure anymore.

They’d be foolish for letting him start next season without having played a down for almost 2 years. And for not getting the NFL game experience under his belt. He’ll play, I’m certain, but it might not be until the last month of the season.

2 Likes

You’re probably right, it all starts with a couple weeks of practice, so unlikely he plays before December. Notice Campbell did not mention Jamo when talking about replacing Hock’s production in his presser today.

Sad part is that they only save $4M by cutting him due to the way his contract was structured. $11 Million base salary less $3.5 Million per year remaining bonus spread over 2023 & 2024.

1 Like

Exactly why I was hoping he’d make it back healthy! We don’t save much.

I think instead of looking at getting another teams GM or Head Coach, the Lions REALLY need to poach another teams training staff, like all of them, and any team will do. Our injured players seem to fall into this abyss of no return while other players run out of the hospital on two broken legs. I embellish, yes, but you get the point. There’s seems to be little to no reason not to surmise our training staff is severely substandard.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset if Jamo missed the rest of the season or play the last 2 remaining games. We not winning this year. Come back in good health next season

4 Likes

Why? Chase sat out the same amount of time and was a stud week 1.

I don’t think it matters at all if he plays the last 4 games or not. It will have no barring on what kind of player he is next season. You either burst on to the scene or you don’t. That 4 games means nothing. I would be shocked if a team tanking plays Jamo in pointless games at the end of the season. Foolish to play him IMO.

1 Like

I can’t agree with this at all. It generally takes guys two years to fully recover from a torn ACL, and if you ask players they’ll say most of it’s mental. We need to start that clock running as quickly as possible so he can hit the ground running next season. Get him some snaps, let him experience the speed of the game, let him get hit. These are all important. Not saying it can’t work to sit him and just start him next season, but he’ll be so much more prepared if he plays.

You bring up Chase, but he was 1) maybe the top WR prospect since… I don’t know, Calvin? Larry Fitz? Jamo’s great but he wasn’t that class of prospect, and 2) Chase wasn’t coming off a torn ACL.

1 Like
  • Next year

We save what we save by cutting him, it’s just not as big a deal on next year’s cap.

We probably aren’t competing next year. There is no reason to get a couple games in in hopes it excels his timeline to reach his potential a tad. Whether it’s 4 games this year or it takes 4 games next, it effects nothing. Waiting till next year pretty much negates any negative backlash or injury. Bring him back this year and he gets hurt…disaster. There is very little to no benefit to bring him back to this team. Now maybe if we had the 7-8 win team some predicted it would make sense, with expectations of becoming a contender. But we aren’t that team. Bottom 5 in the nfl.

Just to be clear, I’m fully aware of the differences between Chase and Jamo. Every single fan on this board knows why chase sat out, what kind of prospect he was, and that it had nothing to do with injury. That entire part is given and doesn’t need to be said. 90% of the board is as knowledgeable as every other poster. Some need to realize this before responding with common knowledge.

1 Like

I have a feeling Jamo is fine to play but for some reason they aren’t in a hurry to get him on the field

3 Likes