OKUDAH IS A LIONS SMOKE SCREEN

Imho okudah is not the lions pick i t may be a smoke screen to draft simmons. Then sign logan ryan right after the pick. May want the giants to feel they can trade down and still get simmons. ( this is with the primise that lions trade down and giants trade right behind detroit)

2 Likes

I am starting to get the same feeling. With Quinn’s comments about needing players that can contribute right away I’m leaning more towards Brown. You can plug in a DT and go. Cornerbacks and hybrid safeties will need an offseason that is just not possible this year.

1 Like

DO NOT WANT BROWN… Run stuffing DTs can be had at fair prices in free agency practically every year.

2 Likes

I think Okudah would still fit the bill, although it is true that CB is notoriously tough to master. I’ve heard many draft guys use the word “plug and play”.

I can’t see how Simmons would be plug and play. While he is immensely gifted athletically, he is going to have a learning curve. At least I would think.

A guy like Jerry Jeudy makes sense as “plug and play”. I also think Jedrick Wills would fit the bill. If “plug and play” was the primary concern…

Guys like Logan Ryan and Clowney are waiting for the dust to settle after the draft. Or already have deals but teams want them to keep quiet so that other teams are left guessing as to their intentions.

The point of this is there are so many players who fit that a trade down mist be the priority. Even if the return is only adding a 2nd. Stay in top 6 unless its 2 trade downs. The talent for this team is needed and additional 2nd’s are needed.

Im not saying this is what i want or would do but simmons does seem to be a dream pick for what patrica wants to do .

1 Like

Meh. We overpaid Snacks and all he stuffed was his face.

Me and a couple of others were speculating weeks ago that the Lions adamantly saying they love Matthew Stafford, aren’t considering moving on from Stafford and essentially ruling out taking a QB at the top of the draft didn’t make any sense. Why is an organization that always goes to ridiculous levels not to give opponents any information making clear what they’re not going to do at the top of the draft?

Unless … that’s the smokescreen and they really love/want Tua.

I may be giving Quinn and Patricia too much credit, however, given how incompetent they’ve been generally.

I do think it will be Simmons and not Okudah. I think the Lions like their CB situation more than general sports pundit consensus seems to.

2 Likes

Would rather have kinlaw than brown

3 Likes

Kinlaw would be a great pick instead of Brown.

Simmons and Kinlaw… Great start to add pieces to the D… Then sprinkle in some Offense in there, Could be an interesting draft day!!

3 Likes

We traded a fifth for him and got great value for him before he turned into an ass and held out. Don’t have to just look at him. Look at all the DTs from this year’s free agency.

if you want Simmons he is yours at #3 what purpose is a smokescreen. You think somebody is crazy enough to spend the draft capital to move to #2 for Simmons? Or #1?

No $sense what i was saying IF the lions trade dowm to 5 with mia and ny wants to trade down with chargers that would be great because lions can choose simmons when the giants only traded down thinking the lions would take okudah and not simmons. I been in the house for over a month .lol just thinking of crazy ideas.

OKUDAH IS A LIONS SMOKE SCREEN

Okudah is the best Elite CB prospect to come out in a very long time .
Anyone that thinks Okudah day one is not a huge improvement over R. Melvin at #CB2 and that he would not greatly impact and improve our Defense at #CB2 needs to watch 2019 Melvin . If Amani was ready or better then Melvin he would have taken his job …he was not viewed by the staff as that player

1 Like

Yes, I think someone is “crazy enough” to spend draft capital to move to #2 or #1 for Simmons, and if you want to trade down and still get him you would want his stock to drop. Simmons could change your defense, and up until this draft, I heard the thing that Patricia and Quinn valued most was “versatility” not cornerbacks. How does Simmons not embody that word? this guy has Simmons as the #1 prospect in the draft.

1 Like