Okudah out for season

Okudah may be done:

Reportedly, Jacksonville was looking to move up and they had pick Nos. 9 & 20, but so-called “smartest guy in the room” wasn’t interested.

2 Likes

This sort of reasoning is neither respected nor allowed here. Dig in and yell or don’t post at all.

He’s an impressive young man. I’ll just keep on rooting for him and see what happens.

10 Likes

I don’t believe that. If BQ really turned down 9 and 20 then he was a bigger doofus then I thought.

1 Like

Especially ones from the B1G who never have to cover good WRs

I predicted this

I can’t buy that either… unless they wanted Tua or Herbert.

I also would have considered drafting Herbert.
It might not be popular… but I feel like the QB position is so valuable… that I would draft a guy like Herbert and call QB needy teams’ bluff. The Chargers had Tyrod Taylor… and Miami had Fitzpatrick.

If the Lions had taken Herbert… I would have been confident they could have traded him within 30 minutes to LA. How were the Chargers going to try to gain a fan base in LA going up against the Rams… with Tyrod as “the guy”???

1 Like

I like the kid but it doesn’t matter who you have in coverage if you can’t get pressure. Everyone gets open if the QB has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

3 Likes

There were trade talks between the teams.

However, it’s unclear what the compensation Jacksonville was offering beyond No. 9 overall. On the old Jimmy Johnson chart, it was exactly equal.

Love the kids attitude…. Only 22 with lots of life to live regardless is it’s in the NMFL or not….

Prayers for him!

5 Likes

I think he has the mental toughness and support system to still have a decent NFL career. Hopefully it’s with us. It’s clear he won’t live up to his draft billing, but a solid rotation corner would be a huge win at this point.

3 Likes

I completely agree. NFL GMs do a really bad job of asset management and need to take a hint from the NBA.

The clear move here was to draft Tua or Herbert and trade either of them (or Stafford). Hell - we could have drafted and stashed Tua / Herbert for a year…

2 Likes

I don’t wish the young man ill. But Okudah is out for more than “the season.”

Already slow-ish, not particularly fluid, and coming off a torn Achilles? :grimacing:

1 Like

Well, the D still sucks. It always has with him in it, just saying. The only real loss is hope for him to be that guy.

Welcome brother!!

With the 3rd Pick in the 2022 Draft, the DET Lions select CB Derek Stingley, JR from LSU…Rinse, Wash, Repeat…

So, were there any late camp veteran cut CBs worth a look?

I believe Dick Sherman is still out there agitating for roster change.

On second thought…

Thank you! I’ve actually been active on this board (and its predecessor) since the early 2000s. My old handle was LionsandAvs (my cousin played for the Avalanche so I have to root for them!).

Go TrashCats!

2 Likes