Okudah out for season

Before the draft I said if it weren’t for Joey I would have been all for Herbert. But some wounds are still just too fresh. Then you throw in Mariotta and you just have to wonder if Oregon is just another Hawaii style QB factory.

1 Like

Nickell Robey-Coleman and Parnell Motley are the CB’s on the PS. Robey-Coleman is a 9 year vet, doesn’t really fit what Campbell & Co is trying to do with the youth movement. Motley is a 2nd year guy out of Oklahoma. He has bounced around a bit, has good size at 6’0 185. It will be curious to see what they do. I hope Iffy is ready.

1 Like

Our coaching staff was coaching the team Herbert was on in the senior bowl. The fact we could not see his talent told me everything I needed to know about the Quinn regime

3 Likes

Ehhhhh he never really looked like that if we’re honest

I wanted to see Okudah turn in the right direction as a player this season. But that won’t happen now, or most likely ever. Brutal injury.

I’m putting him in the Ryan Broyles category. He had a great college career, is a good dude, but was never fully embraced by the fans due to his draft position.

Like Broyles, I wish him my very best…again, brutal injury.

1 Like

Herbert looked like a less accurate, indecisive, less poised version of himself until he got to the chargers. I would like to credit Lynn but Lynn didn’t even think much of Herbert’s ability to fill in for the injured Tyrod Taylor until his hand got forced.

Lol I don’t think I wrote that? Is that like a quote within quote or did drunk me think I had an opinion on Herbert?

No but I thought you said it and that’s good enough.
Anyway, Herbert looked like Nickelback last season… I don’t know why he messed with his 'do.

They already have his jerseys on clearance at the official store.

Unfortunately this will be near impossible to come back from.

Good to see you posting again. (Btw, I used to be notfishinsunday).

2 Likes

Yep. Both he and Josh Allen have had remarkable turnarounds from an accuracy standpoint.

1 Like

Hey Fish!

Glad to see ya!

2 Likes

When a 4.8 gets you a 2nd round grade, a 4.5 is top 5 pick worth by comparison.

There was an odd moment during Campbell’s presser today in which he was asked if the Lions were going to bring in a vet to help with the loss of Okudah and he said ‘probably sooner than later’.

Wonder if they were negotiating with a name vet or just have some guys on speed dial they will likely bring in. Prolly the latter.

Corn Elder just got signed to the Panthers practice squad, if he’s not protected this week he could be poached.

Vet CBs can be found on this list:

Lions could have drafted me instead , I will never see playing timeAnd would have been healthy

1 Like

I want them to flip a draft pick for a proven guy.

Exactly where I’m at. Let’s flip a bean or two for a legit player who can help us moving forward.

Might have to beat the bushes. Developmental players are all stowed away. I heard Iceland has a guy that runs 4.56…7

Here’s a freezing cold take according to this board.

Okudah will come back and be a top 5 corner in the league eventually. Just you guys wait.