One Week Away... Who are your top FA Targets for Detroit?

1. CGJ- he has played LB, SS, and NB in the 4-2-5 defenses of the Saints, and the Eagles… he’s a DAWG, and he’s tasted the SB stage, but didn’t get to drink from the cup… PAY HIM! 5 yrs 65MM

2. Robert Woods- I am nervous about what Jamo will or won’t be, and there is no chance that I’m paying 13M on a 3 plus year deal to Chark… he’s 30, not 35… He’s fully recovered from an ACL, and his effectiveness was masked by the dumpster fire he was thrown into…The Titans threw for 3,200 yards and 16 TDs in 17 games… WTF? Let’s get him back with his boy JG and make sure we have a reliable WR3 on this roster (outside of ASB) beyond 2023 please… 2 years 10M (chance to be 15M with incentives)

3. Cam Sutton- between sports trac, bleacher report, etc I keep seeing 4 years 24-28M for Cam Sutton- I think it could be higher, but nobody is printing higher so let’s assume there is a chance it’s accurate…

4. I Buggs- 3 years and 7.5MM… simple

5. J Comish- 3 years 18MM… I hope…

• That group would cost us about 21MM- in 2023…

CJGJ

Very large gap (because I’m not paying 30 year old Javon Hargrave $20M AAV)

Everyone else

1 Like

Greg Gaines, Kaden Elliss, Bobby Wagner (if he’s cheap enough), Tremon Smith, Lonnie Johnson, Justin Layne, William Jackson (if he’s cheap).

I’m shopping at the thrift store.

3 Likes

What do you define as cheap for Jackson and Wagner?

For Wagner I’d say something along the lines of a Chark contract. For Jackson a little less, something like $7-8M on a one year deal probably? Something like that.

And yeah, I think it’s unlikely we get either guy at that price.

2 Likes

I’m just not a big fan of Gardner Johnson. His splash plays really drove up his price tag. Remember, this is a guy who was traded for peanuts just before the season.

PHILADELPHIA – The Eagles acquired defensive back Chauncey Gardner-Johnson from the New Orleans Saintson Tuesday . The Eagles received Gardner-Johnson and the Saints’ 2025 seventh-round draft pick for a 2023 fifth-round draft pick and the latter of their two sixth-round draft picks in 2024.

IMO, Marcus Williams was/is a MUCH better player than Johnson. At 13mil AAV in a deep safety market I would stay far away. Just my two cents.

As far as my targets, I have a few, but they all have a price cap. Below are the two most expensive guys I’m interested in and as high as I would go.

Javon Hargrave (no higher than 18mil AAV)
Jamel Dean (no higher then 14mlil AAV)

With the lack of people coming back so far I’m wondering if we told players to see what you can get on the open market and let us know and we will match if we can.

Sean Murphy-Bunting (local ties), Chris Wormley (local ties), Greedy if he’ll do a 1 year prove it, Blake Bell, Sterling Sheppard on a cheap prove it deal, Rashaad Penny (1 yr. prove it), Mike White or Gardner Minshew at the right price, Scotty Miller, Nick Gates at the right price, Julian Love (if the price is right)

SMB, Wormley and Love would be the guys I’d move on early.

I do like @Thats2’s Ellis suggestion.

I’d be fine with Jackson or Griff8! (If he gets cut) instead of SMB. Hoping not to go too much above 10m per which might be tricky.

2 Likes

I’ll be very surprised if Wagner ends up some place other than Seattle.

1 Like

The one variable with FA CBs is the strength of the draft class. That may suppress prices a bit.

1 Like

We shouldn’t sleep on Emanuel Mosley. High end nukber two type of CB but he’s got the ACL. Brad has been undeterred by injuries in the past.

I figured he was destined for Houston to reunite with Ryans. Their fans think it’s basically a done deal.

1 Like

Yeah I meant to mention SMB and Wormley too, just barfed it out too quickly. Those guys would be good gets at the right price.

2 Likes

Blake Bell fascinates me. Becomes our best blocking TE and we now have the Belldozer to do our QB sneaks.

He’d probably take an AA type of one year deal.

2 Likes

Patrick Peterson CB - signed with Vikings for $4.5 million (2022)

Will Hernandez OG - signed with Cardinals for $1.2 million (2022)

Shy Tuttle DT - Saints put the RFA (Right of First Refusal) tag on Tuttle in (2022).

Could probably sign all 3 for less than $8 million cap hit in 2023. Cheap, veteran contracts for some productive players.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Peterson is really just a zone CB at this point.

3 Likes

Guys I like there are
Greg Gaines
Kayden Ellis
Rashad Penny
Bobby Wagner
Travon Howard
Isaiah Oliver

1 Like

No mention of David yet? Or is that passe nowadays.

I know a couple of very obnoxious people who are buddies with him, it would make my life too much of a hell if he signed with us.

1 Like

I would gladly give Wagner or David a 2 year 20mil deal.

2 Likes