One Week Away... Who are your top FA Targets for Detroit?

Pretty sure Peterson is really just a zone CB at this point.

3 Likes

Guys I like there are
Greg Gaines
Kayden Ellis
Rashad Penny
Bobby Wagner
Travon Howard
Isaiah Oliver

1 Like

No mention of David yet? Or is that passe nowadays.

I know a couple of very obnoxious people who are buddies with him, it would make my life too much of a hell if he signed with us.

1 Like

I would gladly give Wagner or David a 2 year 20mil deal.

2 Likes

I know, you mentioned this on March 2nd. I get the Vikings played a lot of zone coverage, but I still think Peterson has the ability to play man coverage. Maybe not at his previous Pro Bowl level, but the rewards of having him on our young roster outweigh any deficiencies you think he has in man coverage.

1 Like

I would give Wagner 2 years 20MM with 10M guaranteed… Make the other 10M fully guaranteed if the defense finished top 16 in the league in 2023… He has that type of intensity, leadership, impact… Make him WANT to be the captain of the ship, and incentive him to get to the destination safely…

GGJ- 13M per (6M)
Wagner- 10M per (10M)
Cam Sutton- 8M per (3M)
R Woods- 5-6M per (5M)

I know that sounds like a lot… BUT- without restructuring anyone we have $38MM in cap space after cutting Harris, and 12 of our lower cap counting players that are currently on our 47 list… These cuts bring us down to 34 players… this is keeping Romeo and Big V at full freight, but I assume they both redo their deals or get cut- creating more money?

34 signed… plus 8 in draft… that is 42… add 9 total Free agents?

1. Benito- 900K
  2. Wright- 900K
  3. Kraemer- 900K

So there is 45… We need 6 more to hit 51… and we’d have about 35MM to do so- subtract about 15M for draft pool… and that leaves us 20MM

the 4 guys I suggested above would cost 24MM plus another 2M for Buggs and maybe 2M for Will Harris in 23’ cap hits?

So we would need 28M, but only have 20MM- though I think we can free up the 8MM or close with Romeo and Big V…

So simple restructure to a few guys and we have the 7-8 mil to take into the season…

1 Like

I’m fine with that Wagner layout but I just can’t see this FO spending those kinds of FA dollars. You heard them at the combine, it’s a slow build. We’re just gonna have to get used to not being big spenders in FA. It’s like the green babies under Ted Thompson, they very rarely spent FA money.

Nickelback Troy Hill 1-2 year deal

K Matt Gay maybe?

Resign our guys

Hope Bears pay big money for Anzalone, Evan Brown, and Will Harris

1 Like

If we’re looking to spend on one guy I think he should be on our short list. Wouldn’t effect the comp pick formula. Turns 28 in July. He’s been pretty inconsistent but that’s not a surprise given the variability of performance that is inherent with that position. Don’t think I’d go much above 10m per and I’m sure that some team will go beyond fhat.

Here’s Maurice Jones-Drew’s take on Peterson in FA

1 Like

I know we play a lot of man
I know that is not Peterson’s strength
I think his experience will benefit our extremely youthful secondary
The whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts

Peterson brings more to the team than just man coverage ability

1 Like

Cardinals DL Zach Allen
Estimated Deal: 3 years, $37,500,000 ($12.5 AAV

Colts LB Bobby Okereke
Estimated Deal: 4 years, $37,000,000 ($9.25 AAV)

If no Vaitai discount, Titans G Nate Davis
Estimated Deal: 4 years, $38,000,000 ($9.5 AAV)

Where are you playing Allen? He’s best at 5T IMO.

Allen could give the Lions a replacement for what they envisioned for Brockers or Levi - a versatile 4i DL who can play a well all across the line. This past season, film shows Allen aligning as a true EDGE all the way down to a pass rushing NT,

Fair enough. I always kind of viewed Allen as Cominskey. I’d rather just bring back the lattwr at about1/4 of the cost.

2 Likes

For the O:
Lamar
Slayton
Schultz
Risner

For the D:

Gardner-Johnson
Dean
Tre Edmunds

1 Like

Devlin Tomlinson DT to shore up the run defense
Bobby Wagner LB for his experience and leadership

2 Likes

I also think AG plays too much man coverage. I’m hoping John Fox helps him mix it up more to keep offenses guessing.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with that at all. I hope we do resign him. We will still need another big defense of lineman who can play across the line. That model seems to fit what Holmes looks for in the DL

1 Like