One week to go: Share ONE *non* Lions hot take that will happen on draft day

No OG will be taken in the first.

1 Like

Who is your top rated guard? IMO, both Skoronski and Darnell Wright are potential starting guards year 1 and I think they definitely go in the 1st.

If you are talking a tradtional guard like Torrence then I’d agree.

Not sure if this is a bold take or not, but no CB goes in the top 10 picks.

Bijan goes top 10.

Carter goes at 5 to Seattle.

Lance would be a hot take, Hooker not so much. Minnesota needs to have a QB solution in 2024 to escape that salary cap sinkhole named Cousins.

But you got me thinking and I thank you diverting me momentarily from Lions brain-freeze. I’ll figure out some crazy sh t in a second…

The Cardinals, Bears, Seahawks, Raiders or Eagles will not draft Jalen Carter. Carter will be drafted between picks 5 and 7.

Chicago trades into the first round, for two picks, in the first. Pulls a Lions.

Yes, a traditional OG. Players get taken AS OT’s that end up playing OG all the time but it wasn’t necessarily suppose to happen that way esp given the draft capital it took to acquire them. Brandon Scherff and Robert Gallery from Iowa were both taken top 5 I believe, and I really think it’s wrong to take an OT and move them if you are going high. Positional value is for an OT and if you take an OT and hope they make the transition to OG well, I hope you’re right but you likely over spent.

Here’s one… the Raiders will do something stupid

1 Like

Don’t get me started. ONE? Here’s three, 2 down and one up:

Peter Skoronski falls to Tampa Bay at #21.

Calijah Kancey falls to Arizona at #34.

Jonathon Mingo is picked by Baltimore at #22.

1 Like

The 49ers got McCaffrey for 11 games plus playoffs….
for $690,000 in 2022.

They also knew that they couldn’t even roster all of the draft picks they were due to have in 2023…… because they have so many comp picks due to coach and GM hires.

That trade happened due to very unique circumstances….
right down to the Shanahan babysitting history with McCaffrey.

2 Likes

Nolan Smith and Jalen Carter will be drafted by the same team

2 Likes

Four out of Quentin Johnston, Smith-Njigba, Hyatt, Addison, and Flowers will have excellent careers

The fifth will be drafted by the Ravens

Ha ha
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

1 Like

Hendon Hooker will go #20 to Seattle Seahawks.

If you want Hooker, jumping up ahead of Seattle is the only way to get him.

My hot take is Will Levis to the Vikings.

This is a hot take, but not a “non” Lions hot take.

It’s a hot take only in that it won’t happen this year, no chance that it happens, why?

Because this isn’t the SOL where it would definitley happen. This is the BNL the end of season/offseason media darlings for most NFL talking heads, NFL shows from GMFB to NFL Live and way beyond.

So, hot take only in that there is no way that this happens, would be a stunner if it does.

Need to shake off more of the SOL feelings.

J Carter goes in the 20s

1 Like

How about 18?

1 Like

Benton goes in the 1st rd. Dude has been creeping up draft boards I think he doesn’t make it to Friday

1 Like