Open roster spot(s)?

With Waller going to the reserve/retired list, and JamWill likely heading for the PUP, the Lions have at least one open roster spot. With 10.3 million in cap space, the Lions are in a very flexible position to go in a lot of different directions. Thoughts?

Extending AO before he gets crazy expensive might be a smart move. He will be a free agent after this season. 6 INT’s last year.

6 Likes

Might be an in season move, just making sure they got what they thought they were getting but yes, he’s the guy I would target.

5 Likes

Save that cap space for in season “emergency” roster adjustments.
Like, the Rams getting Von Miller and OBJ, last season.
Super Bowl or bust!

2 Likes

Yeah, you don’t spend just because money is burning a hole in your pocket. Stuff happens, emergencies happen almost every season like LionFrog noted, and adults plan for that rather than max the credit cards in the spring.

I doubt that Jamo starts training camp on PUP, though a restricted status is likely. I believe the DC quote as something like “he won’t be ready for training camp” which to me means no restrictions. I also believe he won’t be on PUP at the start of the season, so that he can practice with the team until he’s a full go after our week 6 bye.

2 Likes

I just put the cap space out there for reference. Really couldn’t care less, but if it were me, I might take that empty roster spot and look at the guys from the spring league for a prove-it deal with no guaranteed money

2 Likes

Could find the next Bobby Hebert!

2 Likes

I like the idea of making sure before extending him

1 Like

Which would be light years ahead of our current backup situation, :laughing:.

With Penisini’s retirement today, that makes 2 open roster spots for the 90 man heading into Training Camp.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.