Ot….apple pie moonshine

This is a recipe I’ve been playing around with the last year or two. I think I have it where I want it.

1 1/2 gallons apple cider ( I have to use river ridge out here in az) I use 1 gallon regular cider and 1/2 gallon pumpkin spice

1 gallon apple juice

8 cinnamon sticks

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 cups Jack Daniels apple whiskey

1/2 bottle captain Morgan’s apple spiced rum

1 bottle everclear

Combine cider, apple juice, sugars and cinnamon sticks in a large pot and bring to a low boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2 hours. Remove from heat and cool down completely. Remove cinnamon sticks and add alcohol. If you want even more kick you can put this in mason jars with a few apple slices and let sit for a month. I’m not that patient this time of year nor have that much room in my fridge. Hope you all enjoy! Happy holidays.

1 Like

we make a version of this. Fun times.

Casanova Jack’s is a bar in Stanley, Idaho, that I have always loved. I stopped looking for an outfitter I knew, and of course everyone said they never heard of him. Pretty much all those guys are on the run, from the law, ex-wives, or just running from life. I then asked where Jack was and Pappy, long time bartender there. Well, they just said they ain’t here. So, we had a few drinks, and the feller’s finally decided I might be OK, so they asked me if I wanted to go outside. Where I come from that’s drugs and those dayz were well behind me. I kept saying no and they kept saying yes. Finally I said, "OK’. We went outside and they open up the trunk of a car and it’s filled with moonshine, and they opened a bottle. I said, “Really, wtf Jack would have let you drink it in the bar.” Well, they said they couldn’t and I asked why. They’re all looking at the ground and kicking dirt and one of them finally said, “Last time we did we shot the place up.” Did I mention I was the only one not carrying? Anyway, I said, “Well, that makes sense.” We had a few and I made my way out of town before I couldn’t see the road. Good times.

3 Likes