OT - UM Basketball

No I agree with that. Winner of the OSU-Illinois part II game is likely to be on the 1 line.

And considering E.J. Liddell has the deed to the Illinois athletic complex, I’d say we have a good shot.

Being the #1 seed isn’t always the greatest thing, sometimes its better to be the #2. I haven’t looked at the landscape but if you aren’t the top #1’s who get 1 and a favorable bracket, sometimes you are better off being the top #2 who gets a favorable bracket rather than the last #1.

As of now number one s are gonzaga, michigan, Baylor, I can’t figure out the other one
2s osu, illinois, bama and maybe FSU
I think Duke as of now is in as a 9.
MSU is a last 4 out. If they spilt vs UofM and go 2-2 they are in.
Also think besides UofM, osu, and illinois big ten is very overrated.

Nick Young Wtf GIF

The other 1 certainly isn’t Villanova, I know that much.

This might not age well, but something is happening in East Lansing. When talking heads said, “Don’t count out Izzo” a couple of weeks ago, I laughed. I’ve watched as much MSU basketball as I have Lions football, and thought this team was a wrap and among the worst Izzo casts assembled—in fairness, they’ve been decimated by COVID issues, but mostly, poor play and a lack of confidence.

The team that’s played the last three games–wins at Indiana, and over top-ranked Illinois and OSU–were vintage Michigan State. They simply outworked, out-hustled, and physically dominated the opponent. It was nice to see.

That doesn’t mean they can continue this pace. They’re still lacking that alpha-dude that centers each Izzo club (though Aaron Henry is auditioning). It could fall apart as quickly as they’ve put it together. But if they have figured it out, I’d put the talent on this team against anyone. That includes UM.

I wouldn’t make any bets, but at least it’ll make the last two games of the season fascinating and meaningful.

Anyone else going to watch Wisconsin drop off the face of the earth today against masked Dosunmu and Illinois?

Baylor and Kansas should be pretty good too

Good day for CBB

Izzo went small and it’s working for now.

Far more than that. He’s getting production out of multiple lineups, including his bigs.

and the officiating has changed in MSU games as of late, really, REALLY, letting them play.

1 Like

Huh?

Yes, but going with 4 smalls has helped on the offense side big time. Msu post is gosh awful. Bingham is to skinny and marble can’t play defense.

MSU will try and double Dickenson. If he handles it well (passing to the open man, not turning it over), Michigan should easily handle this game. I can also see MSU trying to penetrate against Dickenson to get him in foul trouble.

Dosunmu is out today, but still like Ill @ +5.

You’re dead if you double Dickenson. With UM’s depth, thats the worse thing you could do.

C - Davis
F - Johns Jr.
G - Brown
F - Wiliams
G - Jackson

That’s UM second string. Bet they could go .500 in the B1G themselves.

Ok, but I’m still taking Kofi Cockburn over the entire Wisconsin roster.

1 Like

I didn’t know Illinois was playing Nebraska today.

I remember when my high school won the state championship in basketball. It was a really good team. They used to say the toughest opponent they faced all year was the young bench guys in practice. Sure enough 2 years later those kids that gave our starters so much trouble won their own state championship.

2 Likes

Also, and I know this isn’t really related to UM basketball or any of our teams…

But can any of us wait to get Cade Cunningham in a Pistons jersey???

40 pts 11 reb today

He was insane and why I bet OSU as a dog.