Our Backup QBs are terrible

Howell was off the board when we drafted Mitchell wasn’t he?

Still better than Harrington was

Once again….guys going on the hearsay of others and not actual watching the players play :roll_eyes:

I was the poster who asserted our backup QB situation was on purpose…. I stand by it.

1. Is there anyone in Atlanta not waiting for Ridder to be “the guy?” What about Howell in Washington, or Willis in Tennessee, or Coral in Carolina, or even Pickett in Pitt? So really most of these teams are paying 12-35M to “placeholders” that May easily be better than their replacements…. So I think the Titans and Falcons made the right choice? Sure… do I think Carolina and Washington simply look confused? Yep

2. I either want the most competent and confident version of Goff to win 7-10 games and look like a top 10-12 QB, or I want him to fail. Whether fail means get hurt again and miss a lot of games, or just suck- either way it will mean 3-6 wins because our D won’t carry us.

3. So we either establish Goff as “our guy” or we have the best draft spot to move up and get our guy. Having a backup go 2-4 would be our worst case scenario-

1 Like

I tend to agree. Though I will say that next year’s QB draft class is not that promising, at least imo.

Not sure about Ridder vs Mariota, but I’ll bet on Mariota.
Pickett is going to take the job very soon.
Corral has little chance of taking the job from Baker.
Howell will do well but I think they stay with Wentz who was unfairly criticized in Indy
Willis is a long way off from consideration.

Having dog crap for QBs is only a good idea for a team tanking. If they think they have a shot at the playoffs, it’s a terrible idea.

I agree with EVERY word of that, but if any of those teams go 2-2 or gulp 2-4 you bet the fans will bang the table.

Baker was taken #1, Darnold top 5… but maybe the scrappy Coral beat them both? - says common fan

I think Holmes either wants to win 8-10 games or draft top 3… this no real backup QB

Pat McAfee has the inside track on what happened to Wentz in Indy and the criticizisms from inside the organization were legit. Most of it came down to trust and leadership. I commend them for recognizing their mistake and moving on, even after spending what they did on him.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.