Owners Not Expected To Approve Tom Brady’s Raiders Stake At Meetings

In place for months, Tom Brady‘s agreement to buy a Raiders stake remains on hold ahead of a crucial point. The next round of NFL owners’ meetings are set to begin Oct. 17, and the Washington Post’s Mark Maske and Nicki Jhabvala report Brady’s purchase is unlikely to be ratified at that point.

Brady’s stake of the franchise is believed to be between five and 10%, according to Maske and Jhabvala, who report owners have issues with the discounted price Mark Davis is offering the recently retired quarterback. Although minority pieces of a sports franchise are frequently sold for discounted rates — due to limited partners’ minimal contributions in franchise operations — the Post reports Davis may be offering Brady an approximate 70% discount to join his ownership group.

Multiple issues are clouding the deal, but the stake price appears to be the lead item.

I thought Brady was moving into one of the Announcer gigs!? Can’t imagine an announcer can be a part owner of a team. Seems like a major conflict of interest.

I’m hoping the divorce proceedings will reveal some gerbil-butt-stuffing type scandal that’ll get him disappeared from the NFL landscape altogether. If wifey wallet-rapes him to the point where the only Vegas gig he can get is in a pirate costume greeting foreign tourists at Treasure Island who have no clue who he is, I’ll be fine with that, too.

70% discount ?! No one has less charisma than Davis ( he looks less inbred with his head shaved, but not even Natty would call him anything but odd-looking) or the failed Sith, so I could see the PR value to the franchise, but that’s crazy.

colon GIF by South Park

3 Likes

The thing is, the discount is all on paper. It’s not like Davis would actually lose anything. He’s basically buying the right to hang out with Tom Brady and sit next to him at Raiders home games. Which seems kinda on brand for a second-generation owner who lucked into owning a billion-dollar property and has nothing better to do with his money.

Though I can understand why other owners don’t want to allow it. Brady’s fine for, like TV, but allowing him into the billionaire boys club? I mean, he’s still an unwashed commoner, right?

1 Like

Ooh ooh, show idea … Top Gere starring Tom Brady

2 Likes

Keep wishing, not happening.

Guaran-damn-teed winner, my friend. I can’t think of anything I’d rather do than watch…

Cup Check GIF - Cup Check Balls GIFs

Heard Tom tried to pay with crypto

2 Likes

I think it’s the other owners who would lose out on exploiting the TB12 brand if Jabba The Davis made Tommy his Princess Leia. Always about the $$$ with these guys.

Most of the NFL ownes are New Money yahoos, aren’t they ? For every Ford & Rooney, there are crass tycoons like Kroenke, Jones, Khan, and whatshisface in CAR. Didn’t he pass out C-notes at a TC fan session ? Tres gauche… I don’t think Tommy’s pedigree or table manners will keep them from courting him, sadly.

I’m gonna go with the obvious hairstylist upgrade here

1 Like

You missed jimmy haslem

Yup, the trucker tycoon & epitome of class. Didn’t he bilk his own peeps out of millions ?

Who was the guy who kept groping his employees, wasn’t he a Carolina owner ?

1 Like

yep… Jerry Richardson… former Panthers owner.

1 Like

He’s not part of the Illuminati is what I hear.

well-remembered. Dead now, Google tells me. Shame…

Nor are most of these pretender asshats. Remember when Kraft had his SuperBowl ring taken from him by Putin ?

I tried to give you a thumbs up & it turned into a heart. whisky tango foxtrot ?!

So…how YOU doin’…?

If ya click on the “heart” symbol… it shows the thumbs up…
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

So you’re sending mixed signals ?! You shouldn’t play with my emotions like that.
The Office gif. Steve Carrell as Michael Scott is teary-eyed, looking up as he gives a subtle smile.