Packers Sign Jaylon Smith

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can someone change Jaylon’s jersey to green and gold, and the receiver to Honolulu blue and silver :joy:

1 Like

I’ll give him an A for effort and a D- for judging angles and distance.

1 Like

The irony of making fun of the 3-1 Packers while I’m a fan of the 0-4 Lions is not lost on me.

I have to find entertainment somewhere! :laughing:

9 Likes

Well, at least he’ll be able to continue to headhunt with impunity.

…when he can be bothered, at least.

2 Likes

@wesleysh21 mentioned that too. From one golden franchise to another!

1 Like

Exactly. Also doesn’t have to be concerned with holding or pass interference calls going forward.

I still don’t understand how releasing Jaylen benefits Dallas!!!..other than like 1 million dollar savings, if that’s what he gets.

1 Like

He must have pissed someone off.

Jaylon Smith

LB #9

2021 PLAYER GRADES

EDGE

OVERALL

1 Like

That’s not a bad PFF grade.

Watch him turn it around in GB.

If he’s a “turd”, as DC might say, chances of him turning it around in GB are less than average. Humans have to work hard to change, it’s really, really difficult. Rarely do the lights come on overnight. There has to be a lot of pain involved for people to change.

Or, as has been said above, maybe he just really pissed off people that matter in Dallas. Maybe just Jerry himself, which would be something, because Jerry is very turd tolerant. Jerry might have felt like he owned Smith because he drafted him after his brutal injury and gave him a chance. And didn’t feel enough appreciation. Who knows.

Yeah, I mean you can dig-up bad pictures of what looks like bad play on any player if you wanted.
I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone is trying to make him out to be.
GB might have just got themselves a steal.

2 Likes

He’s going to ball for them.

Yeah, I’m kind of thinking the same thing…and this might be a little kick in the pants that he needs to get his head back in the game.

His 2022 salary was guaranteed for injury only. So if he got injured, it would become fully guaranteed. i.e. if he gets an injury that takes a year to recover (ACL), the entire 2022 base salary would be guaranteed. But if he gets a hammy, it wouldn’t because it would be fully healed at some point in 2022.

Cowboys were reportedly weighing having him as a backup this year vs the potential to be on the hook for $9.2M in 2022.

1 Like

So they cut him rather than risk him getting injured for all of 2022? That would have to be a pretty significant injury.

Is there any benefit to cutting him now rather than after the season?

If you cut him now, you definitely won’t be on the hook for the 2022 salary. If he gets an ACL or some other long term injury, the Cowboys would have owed him $9.2M for 2022 and he’s currently a backup playing about 50% of the snaps.

Maybe it had to do with effort (like Collins) or locker room when demoted. I don’t know.

3 Likes

In all honestly, you could be right about this. I was just saying yesterday that still pictures lie all the time, so I’d be a hypocrite to say they mean anything now. :laughing:

JFC - I hope not.