Panthers should be our trade down partner

Panthers definitely going QB. No way they stick Reich with another retread.

We will find out a lot in FA

Lamar to Jets?

Do Bears trade down or trade Fields?

Jimmy G to Houston?

A Rod to SF or LV or staying again?

Atl, Car, Ten, LV…there will be a market for that 3rd/4th QB

CAROLINA- Can we extort a 2024 1st from the dropping only 3 spots? If we kick in a 3rd next year (for a day 3 pick this year) maybe…

They have an early 2nd and late 2nd from SF.

TEXANS - pick 12 should be able to get pick #33 or 2024 1st if we go there.

I just don’t see Stroud or Young falling to 6 and those seem to be the only 2 QBs that would make sense for them. Hard to say.

Well, the author said there were 3 that they would be interested in and included Levis.

Are they not going up to 1? Do you expect David to Tepper his expectations?

Panthers could go to #3 like San Fran did a couple years ago. I don’t seen them going to #1… the only team I can see doing it is Indy for AR15 athleticism obsession.

Zona could fall back and go Edge or DB in a deep class at #9

I think this is a little bit too timely, pointed and matter-of-fact to take at face value, smokescreen season has officially begun. It would not be difficult for them to add a Brissett, Dalton or Bridgewater to steady the ship until Richardson is ready. Maybe that hurts them a little this season but it could set them up spectacularly down the road.

Now I’m not saying that they don’t like other guys as much or better, I just think the Richardson repudiation is a little over-the-top.

Yep, that’s fair except that they are in the south where any team can make the playoffs. Of all the times when we could have traded out but didn’t get any offers, this feels different.

1 Like

I really think a large part of it depends on what the Raiders do. If they sign Lamar for instance then all of a sudden they’re not a team you necessarily have to get in front of.

I also think the Panthers could trade all the way to #1, leaving one fewer QB-needy team behind us.

Personally I wouldn’t touch Lamar. He’s going to ■■■■ this whole thing up being his own agent and not having any room to negotiate. He simply isn’t worth the asking price.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s worth the guarantees he wants (and I don’t think he’ll get them), but I still think he’s a great QB. There are some legitimate concerns about his ability to hold up though. I think he’s definitely worth more than the Daniel Joneses of the world.

2 Likes

Currently I would only put AR above him,(for available FA’s), but there’s no long term solution there. So unless you are willing to go all in for just this year, Lamar IS the best option out there with re to talent. But this is going to screw the draft AND the cap for whatever team lands him. In the end I think he’s right back where he started from.

I think that’s the most likely result too. And I think Baltimore wants him back, they’re just sick of trying to negotiate with him.

1 Like

If we do trade with Carolina I’d be on board with a draft like this. I wouldn’t know how to act if this is the draft we had.

He has Carolina giving us Pick 9, 39, 61, am 132 for #6 to take Levis.

1. Anthony Richardson
  2. Bijan Robinson
  3. Deonte banks
  4. Eli ricks
  5. Derrick hall
  6. JL skinner
  7. AT perry
  8. Alex Forsyth
  9. Dorian Williams
  10. Jake moody
  11. Juice Scruggs

That is quite the premium and if they are going to pay a premium, why wouldn’t they move up higher and trade with Seattle or Arizona? Both of those teams are in rebuild mode as well and could use the extra picks.

Based on the points charts, dropping from 6 > 9 is roughly pick 61. I could see an added premium for a QB and maybe they give up their early second rounder, but not both +. I think 3 QBs are gone by our pick.

2 Likes

Yeah I can agree with trading with the Seahawks. But a rebuilding team can build around will Anderson.

They can. They can also build around pick #9, 39, 61, +

I’ve run simulators and got the crazy returns as well, tis the season. Have fun with it.

1 Like

I agree Carolina is going to move up. I give us about a 25% chance of being the team that gets the deal. The Jalen Carter issue is a major factor in all this. If he was squeaky clean, I could see Seattle rejected all offers to take Carter. But because he isn’t, I think the Panthers call them first. I see a Seattle/Carolina trade coming…it’s why I still want to take Carter. The only way he was going to fall to #6 was if something happened. Well that something did happen…what was everybody hoping it would be???

Carter would be an absolute steal at 6. But I totally understand not going there. I almost hope Seattle doesn’t care and takes him at 5. That gives us a really high chance of moving down imo.

1 Like

I’d be happy to get 9, 61, and 132 for 6. I always want a trade down and it never happens. The only player I’d want at 6 would be Jalen Carter and I’m not so sure I want him so bad anymore.

I think Carolina should actually trade for Lamar Jackson

1 Like