Path to the Draft

The pre-draft NFL hype machine is at an all time high this year. Perfect storm…

A) Many key players with no tape since 2019, meaning guys like Parsons, Rousseau, Chase, Lance, and Sewell could have either had transcendent seasons in 2020, or regressed and showed us their flaws

B) without a Combine, the side by side comparison piece is gone. Interviewing guys in a neutral setting is gone. It’s easier to be enamored by Mac Jones in Bama with trophies and his people etc all around. Maybe not as easy watching him throw right after say Fields or Wilson.

C) teams had weird years in 20’, and a weird offseason in 21’ comparative to other years. Players opted out, the cap went down, guys were cut that normally wouldn’t have been, and guys took cheap one year deals out of necessity.

What does this all mean? Per Path to the Draft the Chiefs should draft L Eichenberg in 1, Jackson Carman in 2, and Tulane Wallace in 3… would anyone be shocked to see them get one really good OT, one solid starter at OT, and T Wallace as a #2/3 WR with 4.39 speed. Could this group adequately replace Fisher and Watkins for about 22M cheaper? I think so

So what does this mean for Detroit?

You are a Chiefs fan?

Nah just noticed how easily and obviously they can plug their holes.

I worry about Chase, even more about Waddle or D Smith…

Seems like Slater or Sewell might be a better long term investment.

Trade down twice…

I would take T Marshall, Bateman, Z Collins, and 2 extra 2nds and a third all day.

1. Bateman/Marshall
  2. RT
  3. N Bolton/J Davis
  4. FS
  5. DT
  6. WR- R Moore/Eskridge/T Wallace

A guy like Bateman and a speed slot guy compliment what we have. An elite RT fixes and fortifies our OL

FS, LB, and a rush DT like Nixon, Sample other would bolster roster pretty well