Paul Pasqualoni has to go

I mean, we have too much tied up in defense to be this damn bad. Every run seemed to go for several yards. Every WR was open today. Zero pressure on Cousins. We have way too much talent on defense to be so bad at everything. The lack of blitzing to this point has proven to not work, yet we keep rolling with it.

Obviously my concern is, how much of this is on Pasqualoni? I see he stands right next to Patricia all game, maybe this is Patricia’s calling? Either way, it needs to change. It’s bad

3 Likes

At this point I’d be willing to say F the Wolverines and bring Don Brown in. I like an aggressive D.

I hate, really freaking hate, this Patricia passive bull crap we’re seeing right now.

3 Likes

I think BQ needs to go and take his ne friend with him.

1 Like

Paul P. Isn’t going anywhere as long as MP is here.

Personally I like a lot of what our Defense is doing. Our only real issue on defense is along the DL. We’re really banged up on our DL and Davis has been struggling with injury all season at LBer. Snacks groin injury is getting worse and I suspect he will miss this weeks game as a result. We just need to get healthy. I also feel our defense is lacking a true difference maker or two on it.

Slay isn’t as dominating because he’s playing on a sore hamstring. Those injuries can linger a long time.

1 Like

I can see why MP would hire and keep Paul as his DC. That being said, after the season Paul needs to move into a different role with the team and we need to bring in a real DC.

2 Likes

Maybe we can get a real OL coach, too.

2 Likes

The commentators mentioned that the Lions rarely blitz . . . why? Our pass rush is nonexistent and our current scheme keeps opposing quarterbacks calm and comfortable. Patricia is a defensive coach, I would expect more pressure this Sunday.

2 Likes

They haven’t blitz much in 6 games, why would they start now?

PP is merely a co-DC…I am sure he might be able to give Patricia another set of eyes and perspective, but Matty P is doing the final say on plays being run.

1 Like

Welcome Motown. Glad to see you posting.