PFF Post-Combine Mock Draft Candy

There are two ways, the way I see it, that we could get either Carter or Anderson. The first way is that four QBs are taken in the top 5. Definitely possible if these teams like Levis and Richardson. The other way, is this way, where Smith sneaks into the top 5 discussion. I’ve seen it in multiple mocks now - and 3 QBs are selected, pushing one of those two down to us. There must be some info out there about it. Of course, there is a lot of time to the draft yet so maybe some other player will rise up.

Which, to me, requires the Bears to trade down below us like what happened in this draft. If they stay above us neither they nor Arizona are taking a QB and Anderson won’t fall. And the Tyree stock helium needs to continue through his pro day.

There is no way Seattle would pass on Anderson if Pete Carroll is still there. If you look at their history of edge rushers and how he values them and then look at Anderson its a perfect fit.

I generally agree but with the caveat: unless they fall in love with a QB. QBs make GMs and coaches do weird things and I’m pretty sure they’re looking at them heavily.

2 Likes

I could see a QB if Richardson is there where they take him and just run a wildcat until he figures out the passing game. Pete is not afraid to play rookies and he will expect them produce now.

Yeah but in their case I think they’d just play Geno and let AR sit. That’s one of the reasons they’re as good a spot for him as us, he doesn’t have to start right away. Oh they’ll probably have some packages for him just like we would, but for the most part he’ll be on the bench.

3 Likes

OCyrus RG and Mazi Smith NT that would be a nice round 2

Yeah, that is where I keep getting stuck with Seattle. I just think they’d be nuts not to take a QB here. The wildcard is Carroll’s age. How many years does he really have left and is that enough time to develop a QB? Then there is Schneider looking a Geno Smith at 32 on a franchise tag or whatever. Must be an interesting war room right now.

I think if Pete drafts a QB he is starting on day one. They just started 2rookie OTs which is unheard of by NFL standards. The only thing that would be dumber would be starting 2 rookie CBs. Well he did that also last year. I say they will draft a player that will start day one.

Yeah, if I’m Seattle, I franchise Geno and take AR because life is but a dream, right? Or trade down for the right offer.

They were desperate at those spots though, I think it would be different if they had better options. Like Eskridge hasn’t played a ton of snaps despite being a 2nd rounder cause of DK and Lockett. Damien Lewis took a year before he played a lot of snaps. Darrell Taylor is still coming around. And of course Rashaad Penny was the #2 behind Carson for most of his first couple of seasons.

Will Anderson and Hutch would be unreal. And having that for at LEAST the next 4 years…that’s a no brainer.

That being said, I give Anderson about a 5% chance of making it to 6. But doesn’t mean BH wouldn’t move up to get him. I doubt that happens also, but I don’t rule out a trade to get a guy they want.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the hate at how my mock went. Oh yeah I went there.

1 Like

I don’t hate it, touches on a lot of needs along with bpa possibilities.

I might have gone OL a tad earlier is my first thought after looking at the picks.

It was honestly hard because I felt guys just kept falling in my lap. No offense to PFF, but they basically had Terell Smith as a UDFA which I think is ridiculous so I took him in the 3rd as a boundary corner that can compete with Okudah, Jacobs, and the veteran FA corner I assume we’ll acquire.

Yeah they really need to adjust their evaluation of him. They graded him sky high this year! And they need to add Jordan McFadden to the damn simulator! They gave him nothing but good grades.

1 Like

I think there’s a way if only 3 QBs are taken in the top 5. Say, Carter and 3 QBs are taken, leaving Will Anderson Jr and Tyree Wilson. Pro days may be informative for both. But listen to the time stamped start of this video that is mostly about QBs, but sidetracks to Anderson and Wilson:

Sure Anderson and Hutch sounds pretty good. But IMO not as good as Houston, Hutch and Gonzalez

Nah, I’ll take Hutch, Anderson, Houston, and a Corner at 18. Gonzalez isn’t leaps better than who we can get at 18.

ok, and how often do you think we will be able to get Hutch, Houston and Anderson on the field at the same time?

1 Like