Amani O 48.7
AJ Parker 51.3

1 Like

Surprised Alim wasn’t top 5 on D

1 Like

Did Will Harris not play?

2 Likes

He must have been in the middle somewhere

Hodge actually I thought had a good game given the circumstances. He has stepped up more than Benson has, only in my eyes. But he caught that 2 pt conversion which I thought was ending in disaster…

He had another couple nice catches too I think just going off my poor memory. He seems like he’s been a decent pickup

Levi showing a little something was really positive.

I’d be shocked if Barnes develops into a starting linebacker. I don’t see the speed, pop or instincts.

2 Likes

Too bad about Barnes. He was a preseason darling if I recall

Barnes I like so far, it’s what his 2nd game starting, I think he’ll come along once he knows what he’s doing.

And yeah nice to see Levi in there getting some better reps.

Still a long way to go for both but, baby steps…

I thought both Levi and Alim controlled the point of attack quite well vs the Vikings in the run game. Now, they gotta get the pass rush going more.

Mattison had one long run that made his stats look good. Barnes missed that tackle at the line of scrimmage, it should have been a 1 yard gain, which turned into a 50 yarder. Not giving up on Barnes after 2 games though. And JRM has been a pleasant surprise.

Hodge had, I think, one regular season catch for The Rams, but it was a clutch diving grab on a drive that led to game-winning points vs SEA,irrc. Nice to see him repeating that scrub-to-hero act. Goff mentioned that Cephus ran that route in the focused RZ work they did after the CHI debacle, not Hodge, which only makes it a more impressive moment under pressure, no ?

2 Likes

Does anyone have access to the grades where they can clue us in on where Will Harris graded out at? I’m interested to know if he was really middle of the pack or whether he was just a few points outside of the bottom 5 again.

1 Like

I think this is the first time this season Goff has been in the bottom 5. He was also without his starting center and his OL was right there with him on the bottom list.

I do think this was Goff’s worst game, I also thought he was under the most duress. Still encouraging to see him make the 2 point conversion when they needed it most.

As to Barnes, rookie struggles were expected. There was one play where Barnes shot the gap and made a great play, something no other LB on the team is capable of. His speed made everyone else look like they were standing still. He should be a top player by next season assuming health.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool, I didn’t know that was supposed to be Cephus had he not been injured. Didn’t know that about Hodge when he was with the Rams either.

Cool underdog story, I hope he can continue to develop, you know he’s going to get more opportunities

1 Like

I would be curious too… did he finally make some progress?

Amon-Ra is still my favorite WR.
I am glad that he is playing and that he does not have any injuries.
This weekend we start with victories
It’s over with bad luck.

I know this isn’t a PFF grade, but this is the most detailed analysis I could find on him for week 5 per SI…

"Secondary: B

Aside from struggles with covering Justin Jefferson, the Lions’ secondary played well for the most part against Minnesota. Walker had his best game of the season, as did Will Harris.

Walker finished with a team-high nine tackles and a pass breakup, which turned into an interception. Harris finished with five tackles, and undrafted rookie cornerback AJ Parker finished with seven tackles.

As with the linebacking unit, there have been struggles throughout the season. Sunday, though, was a step in the right direction. This group could’ve scored even higher, however, if not for the struggles late in prevent defense."

1 Like

From CBS…

"Harris made five tackles (three solo) during Sunday’s 24-14 loss to the Bears.

Harris has 25 tackles through the first four games of the season and is on pace for a career year."

that’s how misleading stats can be. where is he tackling them? after he blew his coverage? at least he stopped them eventually :slight_smile:

Yeah, no analysis that I found spent much time detailing Will Harris’s play.

It would be nice if we had a poster who was a premium PFF user. I’m just not willing to pay for anything like that. :sweat_smile:

I don’t have elite access but I checked there and they have him ranked as 85th out of 85 safeties so far this season with an overall 30.0 grade.

2 Likes