Pistons make a nice trade

Today the pistons trade Lee, and olynyk to Utah

For Bogdanovic.

Love this trade.

I couldn’t find the other thread

3 Likes

Yeah, I like that. Dumps Olynk’s money in 23-24, adds an actual shooter on an expiring deal that can be extended or flipped (hes 33, so flipped) and makes Livers have to work for PT by not being the only F that can shoot.

Plus clears a little time for Duren to run and do insane athletic things behind Beef Stew/Bagley/Noel.

3 Likes

I’m not and never have been a basketball fan but I’ve decided I’m going to try to get into it this year and follow the Pistons.

I’m researching this Bogdanovic dude. It looks like he’s probably not going to be a starter but will be a solid option coming off the bench. Seem right?

Depends on mix and match-ups. He is an elite 3point guy, but he is slowing down. Starting small 4 in a Ivey-Cade-Bey-BB-Beef Stew Lineup playing against a less athletic opponent.

Defense…ehhhh…

1 Like

You’re climbing on at the right time. They’ve got some good, exciting, young talent. They will be fun to watch over the coming years.

3 Likes

I would give up my last good, working testicle to see the Lion’s win a Super Bowl. But I find playoff basketball, when the Pistons are contenders, to be a hell of a lot of fun. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

I shirt tailed watched them last year (loved Cade) after ignoring the league for a long time. Like Ivey’s game and the two could make for a great backcourt. Like Thomas/Dumars or Billups/Hamilton. One can dream…

2 Likes

Cade is the real deal. The game already seems to have slowed down for him as a rookie. I don’t want to compare him to Larry Bird, because he’s not that kind of a shooter, but they are similar in that they found ways to overcome their limited athletic ability and dominate in other ways.

2 Likes

A good trade. Saben wasn’t going to be anything more than a backup, You get Kelly’s contract gone after this year now. And you get a solid SF who can shoot the 3, good FT shooter, and if the chance comes up, possibly trade him for a 1st or a few seconds to a contender at the trade deadline.
This team could be very exciting, a playoff team if they can mature and play as a team. Loving our guards, and the overall athleticism of the team.

1 Like

I compare Cade to Grant Hill and Jaden Ivey to Ja Morant

1 Like

Yep I’ve made the comparison to a slightly less athletic Grant Hill. I think Cade is a better shooter, though, and a better all-around player, just not as explosive is Grant was. The thing that pissed me off about Grant Hill was he was pretty much the same player until his contract year. Then all of a sudden he developed a much improved jumpshot. Where was that early in his career? Cade, to me, appears to be a guy that wants to get better and understands the weaknesses in his game and works to improve them.

1 Like

Grant wanted to leave and he knew that. So he played lights out but he made a mistake and admitted as much by leaving Detroit. He said, and I quote him, “If I had stayed in Detroit Arnie Kander would have got my ankle right and I would have played at a high level the rest of my career”….I surely believe that as well

1 Like

Arnie Kander was the man. I wish the Lions would hire him if he’s still working. Hell get them on a consulting basis.

ya gotta remember guys were allowed to play D back then. It took Jordan a few years and Pippen half his career

@radiofriendly you definately are coming in at the right time
@BitterSyd I did the same thing – stayed away after crappy FA acquisitions and didn’t want to watch SVG ruin the team. Came back last year and have about an eight year hole in knowldege of the players. These days, its easier to get back to speed if you do the work and look up players you missed out on while you were away.
@Richard_Parker – Cade has numbers close to Hill’s, and agree that Hill was more athletic for sure. Both are also well-rounded unassuming guys, and probably good teammates. So I agree that there are alotof similarities. But other than that, I see alot of differences. Hill seemed passive, and to me, lacked a killer instinct. I remember Doug Collins, when he first came in and ran a practice with the Grant Hill, Allan Houston, Lindsey Hunter team saying: “Would someone please HIT someone??” On the other hand, I think Cade has the make-up of a silent assassin. He has to study the game more because he’s less athletic, and I think he demands more of his teammates. I think Hill just wanted everyone to get along, and wanted to shed the Bad Boys image in Detroit. The best thing Hill did was bring Ben Wallace to Detroit. Cade wants the Pistons to be a bad-ass team and has embraced the city. So I’m not a fan of comparing Cade to Hill, I think Cade fits Detroit, Hill never did.

2 Likes

Good points. Hill was pretty soft for the most part. Cade seems a little more from the hood and I say that in a good way. He doesn’t seem like the type to take much shit.

Grant wasn’t hood at all…one of my best buddies in college was a black dude, who was actually from the hood, but you would think he was from Bell Air. We used to call him Carlton

1 Like

Bogdanović is a good shooter and player. He is the oldest in the team, so he does not lack experience.
This year, he didn’t really make a name for himself with the national team at the European Championship, but in my opinion, the role of leader does not suit him.
He will most likely be the best scorer in the team, but he will also most likely be traded to another team at the end of the season.

1 Like