Players who you view as Undervalued in this draft

Who do you feel is undervalued in this draft.

1. Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma - This dude just continues to grow on me. Outstanding motor. One of the very best in this draft and converting speed to power. Right now all he has is an outstanding bull rush and needs to add more to his repertoire, but the athleticism is already there. I think he’s a legit high 2nd round pick is especially after his showing in the Senior Bowl.

2. Darian Butler LB Arizona St. - With such a strong off ball LB class I feel there’s gonna be some steals in the Mid to late rounds. While undersized he’s pretty good at sifting through traffic and can get downhill in a hurry. I feel he’s pretty good in coverage. Reminds me a lot of Kwon Alexander. Dominated during shrine bowl week which you like to see heading into the draft. I think he’s probably a 5th round pick right now.

Just the 2 for now just to get this thread started.

1 Like

Not sure Perrion Winfrey is under valued as he is a projected 1st rounder. But I will say this teh DUDE IS A BEAST!

I think he was probably more undervalued before the Senior Bowl because I saw zero mentions of him being a first rounder before then.

1 Like

Nick Cross (S), Sincere McCormick (RB) and Nik Bonitto (Edge) are three of my favorite guys who aren’t talked about a ton. Bonitto and Cross are ranked as day 2 prospects by most but you almost never hear about them. McCormick will be day 3 or UDFA but I think he’s got really good vision.

Love Butler. You probably need to protect him a bit in downhill running scenarios but in terms of coverage he’s a pretty special.

I do think Winfrey will be a better pro than college player.

I’ll go with Jalen Tolbert bc, well, I always go with Jalen Tolbert.

1 Like

I do like Bonitto. Bonitto is an example of why I won’t be freaking out if Hutch gets picked first. There’s some edge rushers right in that range that I really like.

Cross’ profile is probably going to rise a bit if he works out like he’s expected to. Like Bonito too but small 3-4 OLBs often slide a bit more than they should.

I think his best fit is a 3-4 so if we’re switching out of it I’d move him down the board a little for us specifically. Still really like him as a talent though

I’m also a huge Leo Chenal fan and think on the right team (Pats) he could be a star. Alas I don’t think we’re one of those teams.

2 Likes

I think Bubba Bolden is probably now a bit underrated. If his health comes around and you can get the 2020 version of him then you’re getting a steal on day 3.

1 Like

I was just going to say Chenal.

1 Like

I really think there’s a chance the Pats grab him in the 1st. By all accounts he’s gonna test a lot better than Dont’a Hightower and he went in the first. To me Chenal is a similar but superior prospect to Hightower. And the latter is getting old and it’s about time to replace him.

1 Like

I’m also a big fan of Jalen Tolbert. Doesn’t get talked about a ton, but I think he’s got some game

He’s definitely the prototypical Pats LB.

Like Winfrey Tolbert continues to grow on me Really good speed and solid route runner. Really like how he gets off the line.

Carson strong. All the talk of Malik Willis/Kenny Pickett/Desmond Ridder/Matt Corral/Sam Howell but I don’t see alot about Strong. Dude has a big arm on him and I think he is gonna be a solid to good pro

2 Likes

He’s my favorite QB in this draft. A lot just riding on how that knee holds up

Literally watching the combine as we speak and they had the deep ball drill and it was a beautiful thrown pass for him. Willis strong armed it too. Willis then on the curl drill threw a rocket like damn bro can pull off a little there

1 Like

Same. I’m watching it too. Willis has a cannon as well, but definitely has some accuracy issues. Definitely can throw it a mile though.

Gonna have to check out EJ perry as well