Playoff Game Subscription Only!?

The sad part is all we have to do is stop watching and it would be free within 2 weeks but that won’t happen. They will make people pay for it because they know people WILL pay for it.

This doesn’t fall within SOL territory, does it? Dear God tell me no!

Somehow, someway… yes.

I am 99% sure this game will be a Lions playoff win. Also, I can almost guarantee the 1st Super Bowl that is Pay Per View will be a Lions win.

1 Like

Should be fine, they’ll have a round 1 bye :smirk:

As of right now its making them more money that ever before, and more money than any other American league. Pride comes before the fall?

I agree. However, we don’t have that right now. Having cable used to be one stop shopping, but it got so expensive people were willing to go out of their way to save money. I am one of them. We are in a strange time where there is no clear answers available, and too many different services trying to force you onto their app and into their world. I will give you an example. When I had regular cable it gave me the ability to watch TV on the go. Great feature. However, there were channels that I could not watch on my phone thru my cable providers app. Why? Because those stations wanted to force you to use their app and everything that comes with it. So instead of being able to go down the channel guide on a college football Saturday, I had some games on my TV providers app, another on the ABC app, another on the NBC app, etc. It was stupid, particularly since I literally used my cable providers login credentials to access the other TV apps.

What they are banking on is that they will not lose viewers on a grand scale. Outside of that happening, their primary customers ARE the rich. That’s who pays most of the bills in the NFL. The NFL sells its viewing rights to the various networks. Its up to the networks to try to make money from there. But the NFL has already cashed in.

I realize its not what we like to hear (that our dollars don’t matter much), but that’s how things work currently. Even stadiums make more money off of the rich. Suite holders and such are more important to the revenue stream of the stadium than the regular fans. Which is why you see a trend of stadiums adding more of that in stadiums and cutting out seats for the little guy.

I am really intrigued on how this is going to work. And like you said, I think the Super Bowl will eventually become some kind of a pay-per-view event.

1 Like

Not sure how it would be different with DTV sunday ticket vs todays.

Well, lets not limit this to the NFL, I had a thread somewhere where I posted about the ESPN+ and peacock streaming a game in the regular season. However, the B1G is also doing this.

They will have games on three different networks plus games on Peacock streaming service, so if you want to watch all your B1G teams games you will need Peacock for that as well.

Its better now than with DTV. That’s the sad part. The only exception are the people who found a way to get it for free or cheap each year. I tried all of the tricks that people said they used but it never worked for me. The only thing I found that worked was using my nephew’s school credentials to get a discount and not have to subscribe to DTV.

1 Like

Well to be fair, I haven’t had Directv in years, think we quit them 9 or 10 years ago, went to Playstation Vue first and then to youtubetv. Point being they may have stopped offering discounts, changed the policy to keep folks on the Ticket and I wouldn’t know.

I really don’t care. Believe me, I know my dollars don’t matter. Lots of companies are leaving my money on the table.
Take Sire guitars, for instance. I’ve been trying to buy a Sire Larry Carlton for a year and a half. They want you on a waiting list for 6-9 months. Nope! Chapman and Schecter made sales, instead.

1 Like

I exclusively watch via antenna television so I have been ticked off about primetime games on cable for years. This is just another step in the wrong direction.

Looks like more of Dan Miller and High-mass Brown are in my future if this trend holds.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.