Playoff Game Subscription Only!?

This sounds like some real BS by the NFL. Making a playoff game subscription only.

3 Likes

The NFL broadcasting picture this season is a mess. I’m curious to know how sports bars will handle this.

Also why pay for Sunday Ticket if you are out of market if 1/3 of the games won’t even be on Sunday Ticket?

2 Likes

Yep. This is fixin to get ridiculous.

Here’s what i wrote in the thread about Sunday Ticket now being in YoutubeTV.

2 Likes

Enough is enough at some point. I won’t be subscribing for that game unless it of course is our Lions playing.

Anybody miss DirecTV Sunday Ticket yet?:joy_cat:

1 Like

They’re pricing out the common fan. It’s already happened in the stadiums. Now it’s gonna start happening on TV.

Short term gains for a (disastrous) long term loss.

Seems to be the theme of the world lately.

5 Likes

You sure called that in the other thread! Won’t be long before the entire playoffs is on pay per view like the UFC fights, WWE or boxing pay per views.

1 Like

Time to break out those anti trust laws theyre exempt on.

5 Likes

I dropped cable for a reason.
The NFL can kiss my ass!
I subscribed to NFL+ last year and they blocked half the games.
Guess I’ll keep up by seeing you guys post, and I’ll just go fishing on Sundays.
â– â– â– â–  'em and feed 'em beans!

1 Like

Just refuse to submit to Extortion. Let them go broke.

I don’t know if y’all caught it in the Tom Grossi clip in the OP, but Tom dresses up like a pirate at the end.
Where there is a server in Tonga, there is a way.

3 Likes

Michael Scott Wink GIF

news convincing GIF

1 Like

I survive mostly on Sandman slow lights and highlights from ESPN or nfl.com.

2 Likes

I thought YouTube tv will carry all the games?

Nfl priced me out years ago. I (and many many others) decided to go to back alleys and shady neighborhoods for our one team we want to watch. And that caused all the problems they’re now having. Not my problem.
Bars will carry every game no matter what.
VPN for regular, and BDubs for the playoffs.
Or, I assume BDubs for the playoffs. I wouldn’t know about playoffs.

2 Likes

Youtube has the rights to Sunday Ticket. Sunday Ticket does not allow you to view every game. Primetime games, streamed games and games that are on local TV are not available thru your Sunday Ticket.

To capture most of the missing games you would need to spend $70 extra per month for Youtube TV. That would get you the network games on ESPN, NBC, etc that are considered primetime and not shown on Sunday Ticket. But with the new trend of selling game rights to streaming services, even buying the full cable package from Youtube and then Sunday Ticket won’t get you all of the games. You would need Amazon to get the Thursday games and then a couple of other services added on to complete the package.

I believe NFL+ is expanding what it is offering, and can help fill in some of the gaps. Even with the Peacock game, I believe they are showing it to those in the local market who don’t have Peacock. To me it seems self serving and purposeful when you see that the NFL’s subscription service is magically the answer for what people are complaining about.

1 Like

[quote=“Mr.Peabody, post:15, topic:23758”]
Even with the Peacock game, I believe they are showing it to those in the local market who don’t have Peacock
[/quote

angry will ferrell GIF

1 Like

when stealing is more ethical than buying
Talk Like A Pirate Day GIF

5 Likes

Perry Ferrall Janes Addiction GIF - Perry Ferrall Janes Addiction Walk Right Through The Door GIFs

Cat Costume GIF

3 Likes

That’s okay, I’m not paying for any of it.
They’ve been cutting their own throats for years.
I don’t think this is going to make them the money they think it will.
Most folks prefer one stop shopping and affordable pricing. Like so many mega corporations, they don’t know their primary customer. They may wish all of their customers were rich, but, that’s not the reality.
Soon, they will be left with only the rich.