POLL: How would you grade the Browns' trade of WR Donovan Peoples-Jones?

“That would mean everything,” Peoples-Jones said at the 2020 NFL Combine when asked what it would be like if he was drafted by the hometown Lions. “Growing up in the area, going to Michigan – maybe if I went to Detroit, that would be everything. I love the Lions, love everything about the Lions.”

1 Like

I dig it

Hope we get good Peeps

I give it an A for sure. People are downgrading it because they wanted a BIG trade. This one was very low cost with a lot of potential upside. That’s an A in my book.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s starting to look pretty dim. Too bad, because he and St Brown would have been an unstoppable duo

1 Like

There’s a whole lot more to love, now!
Please, Jamo! Get your shit together. You have the opportunity to be a part of something huge! Special!
This Oline, Goff, St, DPJ, JRey, Lif, Monty, Gibbs, CRey.
You add hands to Jamo’s speed. This offense is unstoppable. #1 in the NFL.
Imagine, St. in the slot, with DPJ and Jamo outside, and either Monty or Gibbs in the backfield. Oh, and LaPorta.
Lions fans, we may all be dead, cause this looks like heaven.

3 Likes

He is our new jump ball receiver. The dudes vertical jump is like 44 inches.

Lol not really a fan of this move…UNLESS it’s for depth and insurance only. If he’s leap frogged Jamo I absolutely hate it.

If you watched Cleveland play or U of M games jump balls are not what DPJ does. I wouldn’t even call it a strength. A high vertical does not correlate to being a + jump ball WR. Body control is the more important skill set for a jump ball WR.

I like DPJ…but again from reading this thread he is being HIGHLY overrated here. He’s a solid WR3 at best. And imo, he should not jump Jamo…at least not for another month or so. Jamo needs to get every opportunity during the season to come out of his shell. We are winning 12+ games regardless of what Jamo does. Demoting him makes absolutely zero sense any time soon. If he struggles comes December, fine…but do not replace him with a Donovan Peoples-Jones. That would be foolish…

1 Like

1 Like

Jamo is not better then DPJ at anything but running faster. Jamo runs poor routes and can’t catch the ball. I love Jamo and I pray that he figures it out. DPJ is a fantastic addition to this team.

2 Likes

I couldn’t possibly disagree more.
Every other member of this team needs to get every opportunity to win, every game possible.
Dead weight is just added burden. They held Houston out until he was ready. BroMart just saw the field for the first time. Levi is being brought in slowly. You know the list.
Jamo may be special to his momma. We’re talking grown up men, here.

1 Like

I’m not surprised bro! :joy:

DPJ doesn’t improve our chances to win more games. IMO he was brought in to provide insurance in case we suffer an injury or Jamo never progresses. He isn’t a difference maker. We are really thin behind our top 4 and that includes Jamo. So adding DPJ allows us to have little dropoff if someone ahead fails.

I didn’t say he was better…but his upside isn’t even comparable. If you want to give up on Jamo for a guy like DPJ that’s a major mistake.

1 Like

He’s proven that he can catch the damn ball. 839 yards, and 13.8 ypc last year.
Now, he’s playing for HIS team and HIS people. He’ll have over 500 yards for us, between now and then end of the regular season.

2 Likes

You claimed he would be our WR2 so I’m not surprised you think that. But that’s not gonna happen…not with Goff loving both Reynolds and Raymond. In order for your prediction to come true he’s going to have to be an every down player. Even then he’s behind both ARSB and LaPorta in targets. He’s not going to accumulate 500 yards…no way. 300 maybe

I’d be okay with that. Just to know there’s better than a 30% chance he’s going to catch the ball.
You know what Jamo gets for beating every other player on the field to the goal line without the ball in his hands? Not a damn thing.
He’s obviously not ready. The rest of the team shouldn’t be made to suffer.

They aren’t suffering lol. Our W-L record doesn’t change because DPJ is in for Jamo…

All good. You think DPJ is a starting caliber WR in this league. He couldn’t beat out a disappointing Elijah Moore in Cleveland. He’s not a special player. I do however think he’s a good depth player…

Jamo needs to play. Demoting him now ends his Lions career. Would be really stupid to do that to him now.

1 Like

Have we seen @JD9 lately?

Um, look up.

1 Like

They basically got him for free. He’s a local lid, high character, young, great blocker…

It’s an A

4 Likes