Poorly Coached = Poorly Played

No, ignoring that your team was ill prepared to enter last season and is showing the same signs of “success” this season isn’t meaningless. I haven’t commented on any play during preseason because much of it is meaningless as it is dedicated to players who aren’t going to make the team or will be riding the bench. This was the starters, and they looked bad, really bad. We start the season with what should be a layup, then it gets tough. Your comments are simply giving a pass to undisciplined play and poor coaching. Show me a team that plays this way and does well. Yes, “big whoop” indeed.

Taunting is not the coaches’ fault. Hitting a guy a couple of feet OB is not the coaches’ fault. Hitting the QB after he has thrown the ball is not the coaches’ fault, even though it was a BS call. You don’t touch the QB after the ball is gone and risk a penalty. These guys are pros, they know this already. It’s their job to execute and not take stupid penalties.

Now, what IS on the coaches is having 12 guys on the field, or only 10. THAT’s poor coaching.

Although, in fairness, this is preseason and a meaningless scrimmage, so we’re going to have people going in and out that don’t normally go in and out. More likely that a below the cut line player would think he’s on when he isn’t…

If it happens in the regular season, then you look at coaches.

Penalties are an indication that the team is trying hard, maybe TOO hard. I don’t blame a coach for having his players amped up enough to push the envelope ESPECIALLY in a meaningless scrimmage.

Watch this…
But, but, I thought it was Stafford’s fault.
:rofl::laughing::grin::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::laughing::smile::sob:

How about 12 men on the field in a goal line stand?
His players and assistants didn’t have their shit together and he didn’t call a time out. That’s a lack of discipline from the HC down to the waterboy!
That’s what I’ve been saying for decades! It’s not a one person problem. Football is a team sport! Just because you have Stafford, Megatron, and Suh, doesn’t mean you have a great TEAM!
Show me one team that has done more with less? At all the spots, not just one, two or three or even 4.

Right, thanks for doing the research and backing up my point.
The glass is not ALWAYS half empty folks.

I’ve been bitching about our Leadership before Stafford became our Starting QB…and just about every season after he got here…Matt Patricia & Quinn I’m waiting to see how it pans out. But you know It’s bad when your one team has had like 20 different Head Coaches , and Multiple GM’s.

I thought A’Shawn got a taunting call on the same play that we got the roughing the passer?

That would be inexcusable during the season, but with all of the different bodies going in and out on 2nd, 3rd and even 4th string guys plus having to account for injuries, etc I can see it happening in preseason and it not being an indictment on the staff.

1 Like

yes I have been very vocal about our leadership for at least ten years. I blamed the Fords for buying the team as some part time hobby and then not making sure that you had experienced, knowledgeable , even game/bowl-winning persons in leadership roles all throughout the front office on down to the HC’s, GM’s, OC’s , & DC’s to properly lead this team to be a WINNING franchise FROM THE GET in 1934…the very day they became The Detroit Lions. BUT, that never happened…and we have had weak defenses, weak running, 20+ HC’s…a number of GM’s , 0-16 , Lombardi-Gate , Untold Billions of money…doing it Incorrectly !! Now, I’m not lumping in Quinn/Patricia at the moment…their era still has to play out.

but before them…It’s as exactly how one poster put it: “poor leadership…poor play.”
we have had NOTHING to show for all these games , all these players, OR all the money and time, and effort by the fans involved !! Hell we don’t even handle our former best players with fairness…we piss them off so they will never think about returning to help again.