Post Jet's game mock drafts

It’s hard finding much video of him, I’m really only going off highlights which I don’t like to use for evaluation purposes, though they’re fine for seeing things like explosion and speed. Like I haven’t seen anything where he goes down easily, but I guess it’s not surprising, he’s a pretty linear athlete with an upright running style. Actually kinda reminds me of Chuba the way he runs, except maybe more explosive? Hard to say until he tests.

Here was my latest. A conservative draft hitting our secondary needs and getting a plus RG to round out the OLine.

2 Likes

I love Torrence too but I rarely get him cause I just don’t think we’ll add a fourth 1st rounder to our OL. OL’s important but it skews our roster-building too much to put so much into one area. It’s like, we need to diversify our portfolio. To me ideally we hit on a mid-round guy like we did Jackson.

Also while I’m a big fan of both Porter and Williams, I think don’t think the two CBs we draft will be outside guys. Well, maybe one early and one late, but not two in the top 3 rounds. Now a slot/nickel like Branch or Hodges-Tomlinson to go along with an outside corner I could see, or if we decide to move Okudah to safety maybe we go with two guys, but I think he’s played well enough to keep his spot.

But otherwise I really like it, I end up with most of these guys plenty. Not Johnson’s biggest fan as it pertains to the Lions - I think his future’s at FS and we already have a good one in Kerby - but otherwise they’re all good players.

1 Like

re Johnson: I like his versatility a lot.

Here is a question: if you can’t get Branch who do you like filling that nickel safety role?

Yeah, that’s a tricky question.

I don’t like Hodges-Tomlinson nearly as much as Branch and after that it gets a little projection-y.

I like Clark Phillips as a playmaker in coverage a lot, but he’s not as sticky or as tough as you want that spot to be. It feels like you’d be wasting what he does best.

Tiawan Mullen has the attitude I like in a CB and he’s sticky in coverage, but while he plays bigger than his size, at 5’10 180 there’s only so much he can do. Guys like Branch and Pitre hold up much better in the run game.

I like Christian Izien’s game, but he’s much more of a straight-up SS.

Erick Hallett had a fantastic season and he’s a guy I’d like to list in the same tier as Branch and Hodges-Tomlinson, but he really played more of a free role for Pitt. In the times I saw him come up he looked good though.

Deonte Banks is quicker than fast and has the size that usually moves a guy inside, but he didn’t play there that often for Maryland so we just don’t know (really good while the ball’s in the air though).

Jahdae Barron out of Texas is another guy I really like and he played plenty of nickel this past year, but he hasn’t declared yet and really only has one good year under his belt.

There are others who left a favorable impression but who I need to look into a little more deeply. Guys like Bentlee Sanders, Kordell Rogers, D’Jordan Strong, etc…

Thankfully we have an excellent talent-evaluating GM who’s judgment I don’t mind deferring to. I’m sure he’ll be able to find someone to fill that role for us if we don’t go with the obvious choices.

1 Like

A monkey throwing darts, I have no idea with mocks at this point in the year.
Similar to @farmerted mock above, I took Porter Jr. with the 4th overall. That kid can tie his shoes without bending over. Freaky length at the CB position.

1. Will Anderson Jr
  2. Jalen Carter
  3. Tyree Wilson

That’s how the first 3 picks played out

2 Likes

Agree but the tools are there and I love out linebacker coach. He has done an exceptional job imo

1 Like

His running style and build remind me of former FSU RB Travis Minor. I do think Brown has more juice though.

Apologies for the obscure comp.

1 Like

I did this one the other day.

Branch seems like a really good player that we might have been able to target with that second first rounder. But the way we’ve been winning, who knows.

I was never an Okudah to safety guy, but I do wonder if maybe that is his best home ultimately.

Yeah I’m starting to feel like we might fall out of his range too. Oh well, good problem to have.

Ok, I’ll play… this was my best results with the PFF sim…

1 Like